Looking to buy Audio Technica CK10 - headphonehifi.com trusted?
Jun 3, 2011 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Cortlendt

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently looking for a store to buy Audio Technica CK10, I've searched for fakes presence and didn't find anything substantial. Lowest price was found on headphonehifi.com - $240, but rather minimalistic storefront makes me wonder if this store a trusted one. It goes for 260$ on Accessoryjack.com, I dunno if I should buy from them just to be confident.

http://www.headphonehifi.com/servlet/the-990/Audio-Technica-ATH-dsh-CK10-In-dsh-Ear/Detail

If anyone ever bought headphonehifi.com from  I would be very grateful for any feedback.

Jun 3, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #2 of 12
I went through the same dilemma a couple of days ago, but with accessory jack and gimmedigi. I ended up buying it from accessory jack at the $25 more cause their customer service was so responsive.  Accessory Jack is a an Audio Technica Hong Kong Authorized reseller so I would go with them to be safe.

Jun 3, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 12

Quote:
I went through the same dilemma a couple of days ago, but with accessory jack and gimmedigi. I ended up buying it from accessory jack at the $25 more cause their customer service was so responsive.  Accessory Jack is a an Audio Technica Hong Kong Authorized reseller so I would go with them to be safe.

Thanks for the info.

Is Accessory Jack warehouse located in Hong Kong? How much time it will take for the shipment to reach USA? Also are there any import taxes?

Jun 3, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #4 of 12
I recommend querying Musica Acoustics.com
Dimitri the guy in charge is very reliable seller. I order few IEMs already so highly recommended

Price on AT are a bit higher then if ordering from China but MusicaAcoustics is in Japan so it is guaranteed  products are 1000% authentic and covered by Warranty
in case servicing needed.

Jun 3, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
I recommend querying Musica Acoustics.com
Dimitri the guy in charge is very reliable seller. I order few IEMs already so highly recommended

Price on AT are a bit higher then if ordering from China but MusicaAcoustics is in Japan so it is guaranteed  products are 1000% authentic and covered by Warranty
in case servicing needed.

Thanks, but from what I see, they do not sell Audio Technica brand).

Jun 3, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #6 of 12
He does not have them listed on the website, but as his shop is based in Tokyo, he does have it in stock..or can easily get it sourced from somewhere. I also purchased my CK10 from him in February...and would highly recommend you to buy from him. He also offers special prices for head-fi.org members and is always wonderful to deal with!

By the way - congratulations on picking the CK10 - it is a VERY impressive IEM.

Quote:

Thanks, but from what I see, they do not sell Audio Technica brand).

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #7 of 12
When I emailed him, he only had open boxes left. The future of the CK10 is not looking very good if you can't even get new ones from Tokyo. Maybe, its time to start buying backups.

.Quote:
He does not have them listed on the website, but as his shop is based in Tokyo, he does have it in stock..or can easily get it sourced from somewhere. I also purchased my CK10 from him in February...and would highly recommend you to buy from him. He also offers special prices for head-fi.org members and is always wonderful to deal with!

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #8 of 12
Well he probably only had open-boxes left because he didn't order any new ones. Dimitri's inventory isn't huge and primarily gets certain IEMs.  I'm sure there are plenty of new CK10s as they are not discontinued in Japan. 

Jun 3, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #9 of 12
FYI, IIRC, I ordered from AccessoryJack on a Thursday, and received them by mid the next week, to Canada. Very fast service, which I was able to track all the way to my door. Just remember that they have no control over how long the package sits in US customs.

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:23 AM Post #10 of 12
Warehouse in Hong Kong. Shipment should not be more than a week if you upgrade to EMS. No taxes, at least not when I bought them from AJ a month back.

Quote:

Thanks for the info.

Is Accessory Jack warehouse located in Hong Kong? How much time it will take for the shipment to reach USA? Also are there any import taxes?

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #12 of 12
I'm considering buying some CK10's their going for £249.99 in the UK they seem quite hard to find though, Thought about just getting Westone 4's instead at £319.99.

Nat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back