Looking to buy a portable headphone amp - Should I?
Nov 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ekoz

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I've been getting a lot of answers from you guys, just by lurking around with no account, but time has come to ask you a question.

First on the list, my setup:
- iPhone 4S
- Denon AH-D340

Usage, in general:
- Street
- Work commute by subway

Listening habits:
- mostly, Trap
- DnB
- Dubstep

I am pretty much OK with my setup, but I have heard a lot of talk about headphone amps. Is it worth it though? I would like to try out the E11K or E10K.

So to come to a conclusion, if I am happy with my setup, does a headphone amp really bring up a great sound experience?

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 2
  I've been getting a lot of answers from you guys, just by lurking around with no account, but time has come to ask you a question.
First on the list, my setup:
- iPhone 4S
- Denon AH-D340
Usage, in general:
- Street
- Work commute by subway
Listening habits:
- mostly, Trap
- DnB
- Dubstep
I am pretty much OK with my setup, but I have heard a lot of talk about headphone amps. Is it worth it though? I would like to try out the E11K or E10K.
So to come to a conclusion, if I am happy with my setup, does a headphone amp really bring up a great sound experience?

You might just benefit more from buying a DAP (digital audio player), like a FiiO X1 ($100) or even FiiO X3 ($170).
As they both come with a good DAC chip and a good headphone amplifier (and can play your apple music files).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back