Looking to buy a portable DAP
Dec 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

LazBro123

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I want to buy a portable DAP, but don't know which one to buy. My budget is anywhere around $100-$200 (I can buy used as well), and will be using it with my Ultrasone PRO 900. I really like the HiFiMan HM 601, but am wondering if there is anything better within my budget...

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

You need to give more details. What kind of files do you plan to use, what amount of capacity do you require, how much battery life is acceptable, etc. etc. After that, perhaps we can give some suggestions.
happy_face1.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
You need to give more details. What kind of files do you plan to use, what amount of capacity do you require, how much battery life is acceptable, etc. etc. After that, perhaps we can give some suggestions.
happy_face1.gif

I will be using 320 [size=small]kbps bitrate files (songs bought from itunes). I would like around 16GB, and would also like an acceptable amount of battery life... It doesnt need to be excellent. I want it to also to power my 900s well. Suggestions? :)[/size]

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
I will be using 320 [size=small]kbps bitrate files (songs bought from itunes). I would like around 16GB, and would also like an acceptable amount of battery life... It doesnt need to be excellent. I want it to also to power my 900s well. Suggestions? :)[/size]

Doesn't iTunes only provide AAC at 256 max?

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
no, iTunes is 320. I checked 
biggrin.gif

When I was using iTunes, the max bitrate was 256 AAC, which is why I asked. After reading your post here, I went back to the Apple store to see and don't see anything higher than 256. Where do you see AAC 320? Or, does that big teeth smiley mean you just punked me?
beerchug.gif
 In which case I say - cheers! Lol.

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

When I was using iTunes, the max bitrate was 256 AAC, which is why I asked. After reading your post here, I went back to the Apple store to see and don't see anything higher than 256. Where do you see AAC 320? Or, does that big teeth smiley mean you just punked me?
beerchug.gif
 In which case I say - cheers! Lol.

yeah i was just kidding with u. lol im so good at that 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back