Looking to buy a new pair of headphones
Dec 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tiptoe

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I've currently got a pair of Audio Technica AD700's, and UE Triple.fi 10's, but I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones. I've been looking at the Sennheiser 600/650, AKG k701 and Dennon D2000, but from what I see, these all need expensive amps to drive them. My question is, will any of those sound better than the Audio Technica AD700 without an amp? If not, I'll put off buying one till I can get an amp as well. Also which one sounds best with an amp? Also I've got a Technics DX940 receiver if that helps. Also recommend any other good headphones in the 200-300 range if possible, thanks.

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Hey guys. I've currently got a pair of Audio Technica AD700's, and UE Triple.fi 10's, but I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones. I've been looking at the Sennheiser 600/650, AKG k701 and Dennon D2000, but from what I see, these all need expensive amps to drive them. My question is, will any of those sound better than the Audio Technica AD700 without an amp? If not, I'll put off buying one till I can get an amp as well. Also which one sounds best with an amp? Also I've got a Technics DX940 receiver if that helps. Also recommend any other good headphones in the 200-300 range if possible, thanks.

What is wrong with phones you have?  What is your listening profile? I currently have on-ear, over-ear, and behind ear phones. I don't like in-ear phones because my left-ear won't accept them.

What entertainment gap are you trying to fill?

Dec 3, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 3
I'm basically trying to upgrade for something that generally works all around since I listen to many varying types of music such as classical, rock, hip hop, techno, etc. So far, I'm leaning towards the Sennheiser HD600 and the E7+E9 combo as I've heard good things about both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back