Looking to borrow Avatar 3D bluray
May 31, 2011 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

schwallman

1000+ Head-Fier
Im not sure this will turn up anything but I am curious if anyone has the 3D version of avatar that they would rent me. I say this because the only way to get it currently is to pay over $150 for a glasses set or even a panasonic bluray player. I dont have the dough for that but would really like to see it in 3d at my house.

So if anyone has it and would let me borrow it from you for a weekend I would greatly appreciate it. Ill pay for shipping to/from and throw in like $5 for the trouble.

Anyone?

May 31, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 4
-looks up the 3d version of avatar- what.  How dumb can they get, the movie was made around the fact that it was 3D in the first place...and they decided not to release it in 3D for the original blu-ray release and now have an exclusive deal with panasonic for the next year...I don't understand the movie industry sometimes.

Sorry for the rant, it just kind of pisses me off. :p

-looks it up on ebay-

Okay, now that's seriously dumb.

May 31, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 4

Yes it is pretty expensive to get ahold of even in the used market. I thought about buying the kit with the two pair of glasses and just selling them. The damn kit ranges from $250-350 around the net. Not a smart move. Dont they realize this is a major reason why people download movies.

Quote:
-looks up the 3d version of avatar- what.  How dumb can they get, the movie was made around the fact that it was 3D in the first place...and they decided not to release it in 3D for the original blu-ray release and now have an exclusive deal with panasonic for the next year...I don't understand the movie industry sometimes.

Sorry for the rant, it just kind of pisses me off. :p

-looks it up on ebay-

Okay, now that's seriously dumb.

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 4
This is an old post, but I thought I'd bump it up.  I just got a 3D TV and glasses and I haven't seen Avatar yet.  I would love to borrow Avatar 3D from someone and would definitely be happy to kick in a few bucks for the trouble.  Has anyone had any luck with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back