Looking Suggestions.
Jun 5, 2009 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Don184

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am new here just registered. I have been reading on the forums for awhile though. I am looking for opinions and suggestions. I am looking for a set of cans that i can use for say 60% gaming and 40% music listening. I would like something that will help isolate sound as i have to worry about roommates. My budget ideally would be >$200. I have looked at Senn HD555 and ATH-A700 and the Beyerdynamic DT770. I am open to suggestions and others experiences as these will be my first set of cans, and i would like to get something with some quality. Thanks

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 5
I think the closed ATs would suit you well - either A700 or A900, they are well known for their soundstage and imaging.
But of course you have a lot of other options if your ideal headphones should be over $200
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm going purely on information that I've read, but the DT770's are supposed to have alot of bass, which could be good for gaming and for music (depending on your musical preferences).

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 5
If the A700 is anything like my AD700, I'd say it's great for games. I don't care so much about deep, ear busting explosions as I do being able to hear things and knowing where they are and they're very good at this.

As usual, if you mention what music you like, you'll probably get more specific recommendations along those lines. Still, from a gaming perspective, I hear the A700 is one of the better for positional audio.

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the replies guys. As far as the music i like it is pretty much all older rock from the 60's 70's and some newer rock and alternative as well. Im not really looking for ear busting explosions from bass while gaming just what i would call crispness??.. As for the gaming perspective i guess having an edge from Cans would be nice since i play FPS games. I appreciate all the replies, keep them coming
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back