Looking sub-$80 headphones.. been considering senn hd 228
Jun 3, 2009 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

drizzt

Head-Fier
Hi all. This is my first post on head-fi but i have visited many times for research. Anyway i have been looking for some headphones to use around my house for my music(rock mostly). my limited budget is keeping me around $80 max. This is also my first step into high end headphones. I have westone UM1 i bought a little while ago and those were my first intro to what music should sound like and you all know the slippery slope of electronics. I am not looking to amp these so any headphones that sound good unamped would be nice to know about. however I can always save for a small amp if I need one later down the road. The headphones I have been considering are the sennheiser HD228 and was wondering if anyone has any reviews on those or just another headphone suggestion. Thanks for the time and i hope my first post was correct.

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #3 of 4
The grados are very nice for rock, but they must be used in a quiet environment.
Wear them in the plan while listening to some rage against the machines and all the people in your cabin will hate you.
Waiting for the new shures might be a good choice too, especially since it seem their mid priced model can sound very good with the pads from the most expensive one. So buying the 440 and upgrading with the 840's pad a bit later could be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back