Looking Sony E888 Alternatives
Jul 29, 2007 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kelston

100+ Head-Fier
I learned about Sony E888 earbuds on these very forums years ago, only audio purchase i've ever made that my family/friends didn't think I was insane for. They seem to not last a really long time (probably due to my sister's treatment of them) and that makes it necessary that I buy at least 1-3 a year. That's not really a big deal price wise since they can be had for 15 bucks.

Only problem is, I can't find any that are regularly available in the US. In fact, the only place I can easily find them are imported from Hong Kong either via an online shop or EBay. I've had some issues getting them from EBay (which I should have known given that I won a few for 99 cents) and it's a little annoying paying more for import costs than the earbuds themselves getting them from legitimate online stores.

So i'm looking for an alternative that is easier to get. The major kicker is that my sister loves the cord style (worn around the back of the neck instead of down the front in the standard lanyard style) and it has to be earbuds. She can't stand the in your ear thing and the over or around the ear makes her claustrophobic.

Shoot away. Since i'm buying it for my sister, price isn't a issue (reasonably, no Orpheus level earbuds! I know you people!).

Jul 31, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 4
I wanted a backup pair of E888's as I too am a big fan. I went down the ebay route knowing that it was a lottery as to whether the items are real or fake. The pair I received are indeed fake and I will be posting my findings very soon
blink.gif

I would take the Yuin PK route and will do so myself in the near future. So many head-fiers cannot be wrong.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back