Looking In-Ear and Over-the-Head earphones
Jul 7, 2014 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

embp123

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a budget of $300-$400 ($600-$800 total) for a set of in-ear and over the ear headphones.

I had a set of Sony $200 armature,s which were great but the Shure X1's were better. I like a lot of detail over extra bass and treble and like a precise warm full range sound. I would prefer my over the ears to not leak sound. Right now i am favouring Sony's top of the line in-ears and either Sony's headphone, the B&W P7's or something from Seinheiser.

Suggestions are appreciated. I use AIFF's only on an ipod but am also thinking of getting a DAC/portable amp or new player.

Lossless audiophile reproductions of a wide range of popular and other music is my goal.

Thanks.

Brian

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 4
Sennheiser HD600 for home ($395 new and $325 used on Amazon), Ortofon EQ-5 for on-the-go ($200 new on Amazon), and Fiio E12 for both ($129 new on Amazon).  

Jul 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, It's a nice package. Do you think those ortofon's beat the Klipsch X11i's. I had a used pair of these and they were the best for detail so far, a bit light on bass, but the drivers didn't last long. If I could get a couple of years of use that would be nice.

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back