Looking Headphones for my amp
Nov 21, 2008 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

samsagaz

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, im new on this forum, and new to headphones too, i used PC cheapest chinese headphones like Genius ones, and later purchased an real Pne Behringer HPS 3000 and i really enojoy it.

Now im building an amp using TPA6120 CI and want to purchase a new Headphone to enjoy it with my new amp
smily_headphones1.gif

I want to some of you recommend me some good headphone for like 200USD or less.

Hope someone can help me, i read a lot lf threads but view a lot of options, really dont know what to purchase.

Thanks

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What type of music? For movies or gaming? Do you need closed to help keep the sound from leaking out and bothering others near by? Or are open headphones OK?

Oh, yes, sorry, forget to say that i mainly listen Jazz, Ska and Reggae (yes a lot of generes)
smily_headphones1.gif

well, i realy dont worry about the others, i will use it in my room, i never tryed an open headphone. i alwasy used closed ones.

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by samsagaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, im new on this forum, and new to headphones too, i used PC cheapest chinese headphones like Genius ones, and later purchased an real Pne Behringer HPS 3000 and i really enojoy it.

Now im building an amp using TPA6120 CI and want to purchase a new Headphone to enjoy it with my new amp
smily_headphones1.gif

I want to some of you recommend me some good headphone for like 200USD or less.

Hope someone can help me, i read a lot lf threads but view a lot of options, really dont know what to purchase.

Thanks

I just received my JVC HA-RX900 ($72) from UPS tonight, I'll let you know how they sound after a few days break in.
Denon AH-D1001K are going for $80 mail order if you Google around.

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 5
Hmm, for your genre I might suggest AKGs, I remember they're quite good for jazz.

Just as an aside, I think it's interesting that you try to build your system around your amp, since most people start the other way around.

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back