Looking for wireless IEMs for exercise
Sep 24, 2020 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tim Le

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all, I'm looking to get wireless IEMs specifically for working out with a budget of $50. I have no experience with any wireless IEM, and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm primarily looking for something that's built tough (they're bound to be dropped, and I sweat a lot). As for sound signature, I'd prefer a more fun U shaped sound signature. As a reference, Sony MDR-XB90ex were my favorite for the gym.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 5
Hello all, I'm looking to get wireless IEMs specifically for working out with a budget of $50. I have no experience with any wireless IEM, and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm primarily looking for something that's built tough (they're bound to be dropped, and I sweat a lot). As for sound signature, I'd prefer a more fun U shaped sound signature. As a reference, Sony MDR-XB90ex were my favorite for the gym.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

U can ask in this thread for more suggestions: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/going-fully-wireless-iems-too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/

I currently use the Tronsmart Apollo Bold for wireless exercise needs. It has IP45 waterproof rating and has good BT connectivity and ANC/ambient mode too but is a basshead set (there's an app due to release soon that may allow EQ to tame the bass). It is $99 USD though.

My backup pair is the TFZ B.V2. U shaped sound. Sound quality and connectivity isn't as good as the Tronsmart Apollo Bold, battery life also not as good, but this is sub $50, during sales even cheaper.

I think the others can advise more in the above thread, good luck with your search!

Sep 24, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 5
U can ask in this thread for more suggestions: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/going-fully-wireless-iems-too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/

I currently use the Tronsmart Apollo Bold for wireless exercise needs. It has IP45 waterproof rating and has good BT connectivity and ANC/ambient mode too but is a basshead set (there's an app due to release soon that may allow EQ to tame the bass). It is $99 USD though.

My backup pair is the TFZ B.V2. U shaped sound. Sound quality and connectivity isn't as good as the Tronsmart Apollo Bold, battery life also not as good, but this is sub $50, during sales even cheaper.

I think the others can advise more in the above thread, good luck with your search!

Thanks for the suggestions and thread, I'll check it out :D

Sep 24, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #5 of 5
Mpow M30, they are around $30ish dollars.Great sound and fit for the price. Get them from Amazon (link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0832GH4WF/ )
If you don't like it or if it has QC problems just return them. I know you shouldn't use Amazon like that, but its hella convenient with chifi QC disasters.

I should've specified, but I would prefer to go through Amazon (I've had stuff stolen from my front porch, and Amazon is always the fastest and easiest to replace them). Will definitely check out your suggestion since they're available on Amazon, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back