Looking for Wireless Headphone for TV
Oct 21, 2023 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

tapedeck

New Head-Fier
Seeking advice from Bros.

I am used to Sennheiser Headphones and have used several models up to the present RS180.

I want a better set regardless of brand BUT need the following preferences:

1) Sound Quality

2) Comfort to wear for a maximum of 4 hours

3) Not Heavy or Clumsy to put on.

4) If possible good projection on Violin, Piano, Orchestra, and Vocal.

5 ) Price USD$450/

Good Day to all.

Thanks Bros.

Oct 22, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #2 of 12
I would check out Sennheiser wireless headphones.

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #5 of 12
I have been using Sennheiser RS180 and still using now but I want something better and my search of the Sennheiser
RS175U or RS195 U did not yield better results as reviews' conclusions were poor on both of them.
What source are you plugging the Sennheiser base unit into?

Oct 22, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #7 of 12

I plug into my TV : LG 139 cms (55 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV OLED55C9PTA (PCM Black)

The ONLY PURPOSE for purchase is to watch Movies on DVD, and YOUTUBE. So SOUND QUALITY and COMFORT are important especially watching Classical music, concerts, SInging concerts like 3 TENORS as an eg

Absolutely no GAMING or other purpose!

So WIRELESS is crtical as I can move about freely instead of Unplugging from the TV .

If Sennheiser Brand has no model that is suitable I will accept recommendation of other suitable brand that are STRONG on those 2 feattures.

BTW, I watch in the EVENINGS and do so propped up on the bed with my better half asleep beside me..

Oct 22, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #8 of 12
I plug into my TV : LG 139 cms (55 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV OLED55C9PTA (PCM Black)
The ONLY PURPOSE for purchase is to watch Movies on DVD, and YOUTUBE. So SOUND QUALITY and COMFORT are important especially watching Classical music, concerts, SInging concerts like 3 TENORS as an eg
Absolutely no GAMING or other purpose!
So WIRELESS is critical as I can move about freely instead of Unplugging from the TV .
If Sennheiser Brand has no model that is suitable I will accept recommendation of other suitable brand that are STRONG on those 2 feattures.
BTW, I watch in the EVENINGS and do so propped up on the bed with my better half asleep beside me..
You might consider installing a (optical input) DAC, between the TV's optical port and the Sennheiser base.
https://hifimediy.com/product/s1-spdif-optical-dac-es9018k2m/
The TV's DAC might be limiting factor in the sound quality

Oct 22, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #9 of 12

Source is LG OLED55C9PTA and I use it to watch Movies on DVDs, YOUTUBE and do so mostly in the evenings in the bedroom with my better half in bed.

My preference is Classical music eg New Year's Day, and Singing Concerts of, Choirs so SOUND QUALITY AND COMFORT are critical.

So if Sennheiser is not strong on those features, then I may consider other brands that satisfy the 2 requirements.

Presently I use SENNHEISER RS180 ( have been using it for over 15 years now and I have 3 of them. Besides I also use CX PLUS SE True wireless ( bought a year ago ) and switch from RS180 for comfort for a change.

Oct 22, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #11 of 12
Thank you for the recommendation. What I need is something simple and straightforward. I am an octogenarian.:older_man::laughing:
Something simple and straight forward...........two cups and a string.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back