Looking for warm headphone for EDM/Rock / Hip Hop
May 22, 2016 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

clazra

New Head-Fier
Budget - 500-600 USD.

Source - iphone 6s / Galaxy S7 edge / PC with Oppo HA-2

Requirements for Isolation - no preference.

Will you be using these Headphones in Public? - no. strictly home use

Preferred Type of Headphone - Over ear only

Preferred tonal balance - Warm

Past headphones - Currently using ASG 2.5 and Hifiman HE-400s. Sold : Sennheiser HD8 DJ, Master&Dynamic MH40

Preferred Music - EDM , Rock, Hip Hop. Occassionaly pop / instrumental. So a bit of everything.

If you live outside of the US, please also provide Location - Hong Kong.

Demo'd the Audioquest Nighthawk and Beyerdynamic DT-1770 Pro last week. Really enjoyed the comfort of the Nighthawk. The sound was good, but felt the mids were lacking a bit. The Dt-1770 sounded awesome to me, but just out of my price range.(they retail for about 850 USD here).

I really like the sound signature of my ASG2.5 , just want a over ear headphone that is comfortable and has similar sound to the 2.5's. (the bass dials on my 2.5 are just in the default position for me)

thanks in advance

May 22, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 3
  Budget - 500-600 USD.

Source - iphone 6s / Galaxy S7 edge / PC with Oppo HA-2

Requirements for Isolation - no preference.

Will you be using these Headphones in Public? - no. strictly home use

Preferred Type of Headphone - Over ear only

Preferred tonal balance - Warm

Past headphones - Currently using ASG 2.5 and Hifiman HE-400s. Sold : Sennheiser HD8 DJ, Master&Dynamic MH40

Preferred Music - EDM , Rock, Hip Hop. Occassionaly pop / instrumental. So a bit of everything.

If you live outside of the US, please also provide Location - Hong Kong.

Demo'd the Audioquest Nighthawk and Beyerdynamic DT-1770 Pro last week. Really enjoyed the comfort of the Nighthawk. The sound was good, but felt the mids were lacking a bit. The Dt-1770 sounded awesome to me, but just out of my price range.(they retail for about 850 USD here).

I really like the sound signature of my ASG2.5 , just want a over ear headphone that is comfortable and has similar sound to the 2.5's. (the bass dials on my 2.5 are just in the default position for me)

thanks in advance

Hey,
Take a look at the Meze 99 classic.  Lovely sound Great design and a real bargain at about $300 US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back