Looking for very sturdy built 1/4" extension cable
Jul 25, 2014 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TsukiNick

500+ Head-Fier
Sometimes I just need my headphones 10-20 feet longer (anywhere within that range is good)

I always have problems with the inline female end of the jack with my headphones, it's not just one headphone has problems with the extensions I use.

One ear always likes to cut out.  I was wondering if there is any well built ones that aren't too EXPENSIVE I am not looking for an Boutique Audiophile cable.

Basically something with a nice tight grip, maybe gold plated to resist corrosion, but if there is one without that'll work fine by me.

I have one by HOSA (which I've heard is a terrible brand) and another which you can find here doesn't say a real brand http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038K8KOM/

Anyway post me a link to one, preferably on Amazon as I have prime and yada yada yada.

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #5 of 7
I think I may go with the Grado cable looks well built for reasonable price, planet waves and Hosa had severe female side issues. Like it wasn't tight enough...not trying to sound sexual and moving it the slightest with any of my cans would fail. Or I might just use 3.5mm adapters on my 3.5mm cables with couplers...yeah a lot of different contact points or I might make my own cable with Canare laying around.

Oh god at some prices for an extension cable. Yeah I still have like 10-15 ft of Canare laying around and a 1/4th inch neutrik plug, Now what is a nice reliable female 1/4th inch female jack that will be able to withstand hundreds of plugs and unplugs?

Aug 10, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 7
They have a nice matching adapter which is built similarly and also reasonably priced:

Grado Mini Adaptor Cable - 1/4 Inch to 1/8 Inch Plug

Have this one too. I think the Amazon reviews say it best except for the ones complaining about price who obviously haven't seen some of the prices on Head-Fi. 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back