Looking for universal iems
May 6, 2010 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

specto

100+ Head-Fier
So I have tried a few IEMS, some old shures, UE super fi 5eb, and UE triple fi 10 pro fisher customs.  The Shures had no bass, the Super.fi 5eb's were great except all I can hear is the deep bass (the mids and highs are very recessed), and the UE Triple fi 10 pro which had recessed mids and I find them very unnatural. 

What I am looking for is an IEM that sounds like my SR325s if it exists...  It's hard to describe the sound of my SR325s because apparently they are a pre-production model and sound different than the original stock.  If I eq some bass onto these Grado's I'm in Drum and Bass heaven with the bass very punchy, the mids sounding natural, and just enough highs to hear each cymbal clap :D.  Problem is they really are not portable and I need something when I travel. 

I listen to Drum and Bass, and various other electronica.  (Pendulum, Chemical brothers, basement jaxx etc..)

Price isn't too restricted because I am willing to save up for these, but I would like them to be under $400.

Thanks,

Specto

May 6, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 8
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/476315/top-tier-universal-iem-comparison-chart-frequency-response-charts-discussion-first-post-updated-often
Spend some time reading this awesome thread first, in case you have overlooked it, which you shouldn't in my opinion
regular_smile .gif

May 6, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/476315/top-tier-universal-iem-comparison-chart-frequency-response-charts-discussion-first-post-updated-often
Spend some time reading this awesome thread first, in case you have overlooked it, which you shouldn't in my opinion
regular_smile .gif

I did read it :D, I was just hoping for some more direct opinions about the SR325 type sound.

May 6, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #5 of 8
 Sennheiser IE8, MTP Copper,, JVC FX700, DBA-02, SM3 and Klipsch Custom 3.......

May 6, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
 Sennheiser IE8, MTP Copper,, JVC FX700, DBA-02, SM3 and Klipsch Custom 3.......

Thanks, I hear the IE8 has loose and uncontrolled bass, I would love the SM3 but it is at the top of my price range.  I want to avoid Monster because I simply don't agree with some of their business philosophies.  JVC is interesting...

May 8, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #8 of 8
If you want to read some impressions on JVC FX-700, you can read it up on the FX thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/480974/jvc-victor-fx700-the-successor-early-easter-bunny-brought-something-very-nice

It has pretty punchy and organic bass. Mid is upfront and has a clarity matching those on Miles Davis, but not as warm. Highs are extended, prominent and has sparkles to them. Sibilance is not as issue. One problem with FX is the short cable(extender cable provided), and the isolation is just average. Soundstage depends on the tips. Imaging is excellent, the layers in music are more distinct than on IE8. Natural reverb, tones don't linger when they are not supposed to, unlike on IE8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back