Looking for under $200 IEM's.
Apr 8, 2018 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

dwinnert

100+ Head-Fier
Currently using HiFiMan RE0's that I have had for years. I would like something that is accurate with clean mids and highs. Bass should be clean and not over done. I also like a decent sound stage. I am easy on cables, but would like something with detachable ones. My musical tastes are all over the place. Hardcore 70/80's punk, Acoustical/Fusion Jazz, Bluegrass, 60/70/80's hard rock, metal, death metal, hair and Folk.

Apr 8, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 14
You should look into an iBasso IT01 and see what you think. It ticks off several of your boxes. Maybe read about it. It is possible it could work for you, You might also check out a Campfire Comet. I have not heard this brand-new IEM so this is definitely not a recommendation, more a friendly suggestion to look into a Comet and see what you think. It certainly looks quite well-constructed and is attractive, that is for sure. If you are a fan of Campfire products, and many here on Head-fi are, you might be interested in a Comet.

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 14
Im in the same problem

Every time i decide on something i keep seeing other options

- Creative Aurvana Trio
- Brainwavz B400
- Fiio F9 Pro
- iBasso IT01
- RHA T20 which recently dropped to 150 euros
- the Nuforce EDC 3 from Massdrop
- the UE900 from Massdrop.
- 1More Triple + quad drivers

Im seing a lot of options in this region that keeps confusing me. I mostly listen to pop and 80´s rock. some classical.

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 14
You should look into an iBasso IT01 and see what you think. It ticks off several of your boxes. Maybe read about it. It is possible it could work for you, You might also check out a Campfire Comet. I have not heard this brand-new IEM so this is definitely not a recommendation, more a friendly suggestion to look into a Comet and see what you think. It certainly looks quite well-constructed and is attractive, that is for sure. If you are a fan of Campfire products, and many here on Head-fi are, you might be interested in a Comet.

The iBasso IT01 has popped up in a few searches I did. Looks pretty nice and at a good price. Thanks!

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 14
You can consider:
1. Fiio F9 Pro
2. Pioneer CH9T
3. Shure SE215 Special Edition
4. Westone UMPro 10
5. Campfire Audio Comet (Never try this before, still waiting it to be in Singapore)
6. 1More Triple Driver (Non-detachable cable tho)
7. Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear (Non-detachable cable tho)

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 14
I think that the Pioneer and the Shure are outclassed in this particular group.

Im currently thinking that the ranking goes like (from best to worst) This, Please correct me if im wrong

- iBasso T01
- RHA T20
- UE 900S
- Fiio F9 pro
- Brainwavz B400
- Westone UMpro 10
- Nuforce Massdrop EDC 3

The problem is i dont know where to place the Campfire Comet or the Creative Aurvana Trio on that list...

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #7 of 14
If the Comet is anything like CA's Orion, it'll be awesome value.

I felt the Orion was better than the Shure 425 and Westone W30, despite being a single BA vs multiple BAs. It's main drawback is that it needs a low noise floor... there is an audible hiss on my phones (but not unbearable, unless on my MacBook Pro). The Comet's impedance and sensitivity is identical, so I expect a similar behaviour.

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #8 of 14
If the Comet is anything like CA's Orion, it'll be awesome value.

I felt the Orion was better than the Shure 425 and Westone W30, despite being a single BA vs multiple BAs. It's main drawback is that it needs a low noise floor... there is an audible hiss on my phones (but not unbearable, unless on my MacBook Pro). The Comet's impedance and sensitivity is identical, so I expect a similar behaviour.

Heard them both and pretty much prefer the Comet over Orion across the board using Symbio W Tips

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #10 of 14
DN-2000 has an amazing sound stage, tight bass, clear mids and a bit of a rolled off treble. I would describe it as lively.

It's pretty good for rock.

Apr 9, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #12 of 14
I don't listen to those genres so I can't comment on that but anything with that has a lot of layers and instruments would be good. I think it's because it's 2 BA + 1 DD. Radiohead was pretty amazing when I listened on it. Bass is clean, tight and has a good amount of body but it's definitely not bass-focused if that's what you like.

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #14 of 14
Tried the cometa and enjoyed them, but bass is the emphasis.

Re600s v2 has great mids and controlled treble, with lighter bass.

Noble X ticks a lot of your boxes.

Not a fan of 1more quad drivers, treble just sounds off to me.

Nuforce edc/edc3 have decent sound stage and image, with rolled off treble and a slight bass emphasis: may be overpowering or not depending on your sensitivity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back