Looking for tracks featuring only acoustic guitar + vocals
Jan 18, 2010 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

jawang

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for songs that feature a single vocalist and a single guitar. Do you guys have any recommendations? I have a lots of great acoustic guitar recordings but most of them are just instrumentals, or feature very sparse and mediocre singing.

The closest things I have to what I'm looking for are eric clapton's unplugged album (although there are extra instruments added), priscilla ahn's studio album (same problem), and john mayer's acoustic songs/covers (not my ideal kind of music).

"House of the rising sun" from Tommy Emmanuel's "Live One" album is EXACTLY the kind of thing I am looking for, but that's just one song, I'd like to find more! :]

Something like this:
YouTube - Tommy Emmanuel-House Of The Rising Sun

or this:
YouTube - Split Series Priscilla Ahn - Living In A Tree

Is there anything else I should look into? I guess single piano + vocals would be okay too. I'm fine with the whole droning, "indie"-ish vocal style, but I've heard a bit too much of that stuff recently, so I guess I'm looking for more ballad-like vocals

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 26
Get Pink Moon by Nick Drake right now, seriously
wink_face.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #13 of 26
Dion: Bronx in Blue, Son of Skip James
Luther Allison: Hand Me Down My Moonshine
Buddy Guy: Blues Singer

All Blues. All acoustic. All wonderful.

Mooch

Jan 19, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #14 of 26
second Pink Moon,

and I'd personally recommend Jon Foreman's EPs: 'Fall', 'Winter', 'Spring', 'Summer', and/or the 'Limbs and Branches' compilation of the best tracks from each.

Jan 19, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #15 of 26
Jethro Tull has some stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back