Looking for the smallest (quality) portable amp. Suggestions?
Mar 17, 2008 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

madmax7

500+ Head-Fier
I need the smallest portable amp (highest quality preferred) for my long rides. Any suggestions are welcome. Anyone here selling one?
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 30
I have a PA2V2 from Welcome To Electric-Avenues.com ! and the C&C XO From Headb.com

The PA2V2 is actually a pretty decent little amp for the price.

Just something to think about while you're window shopping.

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #7 of 30
I have seen those on Ebay. I like the price on those for sure! Never really checked any reviewa though. So you like it?

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have seen those on Ebay. I like the price on those for sure! Never really checked any reviewa though. So you like it?

It's a very solid little amp. You can also buy direct from Gary. He's a good guy and his customer service is outstanding.

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #10 of 30
Well, It's one of those things where I can spend less than a hundred or go nuts and spend 300. I'm not too concerned about that. I just need it small with good battery life, sound quality is not of great importance since I will be riding. Of course head-fiers always want sound quality so it wouldn't be a bad thing, just not the most important. Just needs to be really small. I emailed Gary on the PA2V2 and man, I almost thought he had an automated reply because he litteraly answered me in 3 minutes, and with great detail. Sounds like a really nice guy. Probably going to read some reviews on it.

Mar 17, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #12 of 30
Well, I'm riding a Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle. I find that the Ipod alone just doesnt have the volume I need while riding. I have the Total Airhead and it sounds great, but it's just too bulky with the ipod in my jacket. Did I say SQ wasn't important??
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by doubletaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XIN Supermicro but the wait time to get one is a killer.

What's your budget like?

I really wanted a SuperMacro IV.. but 10 months to get one?

Um.. no.

Mar 17, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #14 of 30
Motorcycle eh?

Gary makes headphone amps FOR motorcycles!

He calls is the AmpliRider:
The AmpliRider : An Amplifier for Motorcycle Riders - More Information and Pictures

The amp runs off your motorcycles batteries.
If you're looking for an amp just for your long rides, he's basically made one for you.

I got myself one of his PA2V2 and for $70, it's well worth the price (although I wouldn't know if it is because it's the first amp I've ever bought. lol)

He is also a pretty nice guy.

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #15 of 30
what kind of headphones are you using, get a pair of iems that can use flanges (etymotic is waht I'm thinking). If the double flange etys can block out a +100dB leaf blower, I'm sure it will block out enough sound for your ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back