Looking for the perfect headphones for me
Nov 30, 2013 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheMeta88

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am fairly new to headphones. All I know is that those pathetic Ipod ear buds don't do squat. 

Currently, I am using shure ear buds that are better than Apple's, but are still not what I am looking for.

I would not really call myself an audiophile. I just want to listen to my music in the best quality possible while cutting myself off from the outside world. I am no professional! I am not making music or anything. Or editing or anything like that.

So here is my perfect pair of headphones.

- Over ear

- No sound leakage. I cannot stand people being able to hear my music. 

- Noise canceling and/or isolating. 

- POWERFUL bass. I like a lot of rap music and the bass is one of my favorite parts about it! I need something that has some OOMPH to it's bass. 

- Ipod compatible. Am willing to buy an amp if I need to. Would like help with that as well.

- Something that won't cost me an arm and a leg. If I can avoid spending $300 on headphones that would be great but I am willing to pay for quality. 

That is what I am looking for. I know, extremely picky. But I demand the best! 

If anyone can help me out then that would be awesome!

Thank you for your time!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #3 of 5
HI,

There are some good options out there:

You shoud consider V-Moda Headphones and B&W headphones

If you prefer something really cheap you should consider Takstar HD5500. You can read and ask here about them:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-greathon-thread

Best Luck!

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #4 of 5
beyerdynamic dt770 80 ohm would be a good choice, they're not really a portable headphone but as far as bass goes, it has a really good one. this headphone also works best with amps so i would spend some more money on the amp. a portable choice would be either beyerdynamic custom one pro or the v-moda m100

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 5
powerful bass under $300 -> I think V-Moda's LP ($100) vs LP2 vs M80 (on-ear, less bass); @$100 UE6000 also has a solid amount of bass, but it's not basshead levels.
powerful bass @ $300, go V-Moda M100 (vs. Ultrasone Pro 900)

for even better recommendations, go to the basshead thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club they are pro at recommending solid audiophile quality bassheadphone budget headphones. you'll get better recommendations there than here fsure. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back