Looking for the perfect DAP
Dec 4, 2006 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fungi

500+ Head-Fier
I've been looking around for that perfect DAP, but so far I've mostly been running in circles. I would be forever grateful if someone could help me find one that fits my needs.

Absolutely needs: mp3 playback, good SQ (or unamped line out), flash memory at least 4GB, navigation by album (ID3 tags/directory structure), good battery life
Would like: good looking, sturdy, playlist built around albums, easy file transfer from PC
Do not need: radio, video, pictures, basically anything not related to music playback

I will be using an amp with this. Right now I'm looking at Creative Zen V 4GB, and iRiver Clix 4GB, leaning towards the Zen V for its price tag. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.
etysmile.gif

Dec 4, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 5
Before anyone mentions it, the Nano 2G sounds awful.

Considering you don't need picture or video features, the Zen V definitely seems like a wise choice.

Dec 4, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 5
I messed around with that Zen V in the store, and it felt like a really solid little unit. I also hear it's incredibly durable and scratch resistant.

Dec 4, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 5
Welcome to the I'm looking for a good DAP forum.

Solid metal, uses AA or AAA battery, yada yada yada... I know. It ain't gonna happen. Sorry. But the "market", that mystical magical force that drives men's desires and determines what gets made and what remain in the CAD studio, has decided against quality rugged simple DAP's with darn good sound quality.

Especially flash memory DAP's. NO moving parts please! It doesn't take a genious to figure out that moving Hard Drives are bad news for being dropped and long term lifespan.

So yeah, I'm still waiting too. In the meantime I use my old MiniDisc Player. Sounds amazing and runs on 1 AA. hahah.

Dec 4, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tungsten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the "market", that mystical magical force that drives men's desires and determines what gets made and what remain in the CAD studio, has decided against quality rugged simple DAP's with darn good sound quality.

Tell me about it.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back