Looking for the best solution to integrate a set of passive speakers into my PC audio set up.
Apr 30, 2014 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RatPatrol01

New Head-Fier
Currently for my desktop PC, I am using a Schiit Modi DAC, a Schiit Asgard(original, not the 2), and a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990s, and I absolutely love it, however I am starting to think that for watching movies or something, I wouldn't mind being able to kick back and listen with speakers. This is perfect as I have a great set of vintage Infinity passive floor speakers lying around that I would love to use, I just have no idea how to integrate them somewhere along the line. I do also have a vintage Sansui Stereo Receiver, and my initial thought is to get an RCA splitter and run a set from the DAC to the stereo receiver, but I have no idea if this is at all a good idea. Does anyone have any good tips for the best way to get these speakers involved in my setup? It'd be especially nice if I could turn them on and off as need. Thanks for any tips.

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 3
Sure. A splitter can work fine :)

Why not just try your speakers with your vintage receiver and the Modi and see how it sounds?

I'm not clear on the "turn them on and off" thing. Your receiver has power button. :confused: Any amp would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back