looking for the best console gaming open headphones.
Dec 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MeAmir

New Head-Fier
hello to all,,, I'm looking for the perfect heaphones for gaming...(only for gaming)
i have a xbox one and i play a lot of fps and also single player (50\50) gta 5, battlefield,  forza...
i dont need a music headphones because I have for that the shure se846 that I realy like, but there is no soundstage (i hear only electronic, psy music)
so I search the internt for the perfect headphones for me and i found two headphones that i think will suit me well.
the akg k612 pro and the akf K712 pro...
I realy confused... i feel like the 612 will be perfect because it more natural and i dont need the warmth of the 712 that will suit music also...
but from what i undersood the 712 have a better sound stage and sound imaging...is it true?
what the 712 will give me that the 612 will not exepct the fact that its double the price?

i have a stereo amp (nad c372)

Dec 4, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hello to all,,, I'm looking for the perfect headphones for gaming...(only for gaming)
I have a xBox One and i play a lot of fps and also single player (50\50) gta 5, battlefield,  forza...
I don't need a music headphones because I have for that the Shure se846 that I really like, but there is no sound stage (i hear only electronic, psy music)
so I search the internet for the perfect headphones for me and i found two headphones that i think will suit me well.
the AKG K612 Pro and the AKG K712 pro...
I really confused... i feel like the 612 will be perfect because it more natural and I don't need the warmth of the 712 that will suit music also...
but from what i understood the 712 have a better sound stage and sound imaging...is it true?
what the 712 will give me that the 612 will not expect the fact that its double the price?
I have a stereo amp (NAD C372)

How is the Xbox One connected to the NAD C372?
Both the Xbox One and NAD C372 have zero headphone surround sound processing features.
So the best you can do is set the Xbox One for stereo 2-channel output and plug your headphones into the NAD and have nice sounding stereo audio (no surround sound).

I would say to get the cheaper K612 Pro, for now.
Later on you could always change over the the K712 Pro
or order the new AKG KXX ($200).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back