Looking for suggestions of FAST music.
Feb 11, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #31 of 51
If you don't mind punk, older Bad Religion CDs tend to be pretty fast, especially How Could Hell Be Any Worse and No Control. The Descendents had a few fast ones as well. Minor Threat is really fast, but they only have one CD's worth of music (though I think it is pretty good).

Feb 17, 2005 at 7:32 AM Post #32 of 51
BUMP!
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #33 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Hmmm.... seems like most fast music is metal.. wonder if there's any superfast jams of jazz or prog rock? closest thing i have is Liquid Tension Experiment (guys from Dream Theater) but it's not fast enough
biggrin.gif

Search engines have been no help... bahhh

How fast is fast?

Coltrane has some pretty fast, hectic stuff.

Feb 17, 2005 at 7:47 AM Post #34 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by dominator
How fast is fast?

If it would make most people stressed out to listen to it, and/or takes a high degree of musicianship simply to go that fast, it's fast enough.
wink.gif

Obviously this isn't ALL I listen to, just the mood i've been in as of late. And hectic is definitely a good descriptor for what I dig.

Feb 17, 2005 at 1:26 PM Post #35 of 51
Quote:

If it would make most people stressed out to listen to it, and/or takes a high degree of musicianship simply to go that fast, it's fast enough.
wink.gif

Obviously this isn't ALL I listen to, just the mood i've been in as of late. And hectic is definitely a good descriptor for what I dig.

then make sure you get that album I mention, you will be dead by the 3rd track
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #36 of 51
I'm pretty surprised no one has mentioned the Dillinger Escape Plan. They can get right up there with anyone. Super technical. Try the EP 'Irony Is a Dead Scene' with Mike Patton on vox. 'Calculating Infinity' is pretty much worshiped also.

Feb 18, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #39 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by s m @
I'm pretty surprised no one has mentioned the Dillinger Escape Plan. They can get right up there with anyone. Super technical. Try the EP 'Irony Is a Dead Scene' with Mike Patton on vox. 'Calculating Infinity' is pretty much worshiped also.

dep is among the few bands that i never recommend to anybody.. along with mr. bungle, merzbow, cocteau twins, and several others. the reactions are generally so irrationally love/hate that it isn't really worth it :O

that being said.. the dillinger escape plan is very fast, difficult, will make you stressed out in a heartbeat, and is extremely abrasive with some awesome interludes amidst the chaos. chris pennie is a godly drummer.. enjoy.

Feb 18, 2005 at 6:23 AM Post #40 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox
dep is among the few bands that i never recommend to anybody.. along with mr. bungle, merzbow, cocteau twins, and several others. the reactions are generally so irrationally love/hate that it isn't really worth it :O

that being said.. the dillinger escape plan is very fast, difficult, will make you stressed out in a heartbeat, and is extremely abrasive with some awesome interludes amidst the chaos. chris pennie is a godly drummer.. enjoy.

First time I heard Mr. Bungle was during lunch at high school.. oh man. My friend played me Carousel and I listened to it like 5 times in a row. Unique-est (?) music i've ever heard. Travolta is probably my fave.

Minus the extreme speed, your description of DEP sounds a lot like Opeth. Ever heard of them?

Feb 18, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #41 of 51
Quote:

Minus the extreme speed, your description of DEP sounds a lot like Opeth. Ever heard of them?

yep, i enjoy opeth more when he's just singing instead of growling.. his growling doesn't do much for me :]

dep is far more chaotic, though.

Feb 18, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #42 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox
yep, i enjoy opeth more when he's just singing instead of growling.. his growling doesn't do much for me :]

dep is far more chaotic, though.

Check out Porcupine Tree. It's rumored that their influence is what caused Opeth to pull away from the whole growling thing and do some softer stuff. Their new album In Absentium is really cool.

Feb 18, 2005 at 9:03 AM Post #43 of 51
The fastest, craziest thing I've heard is, The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium

Then I would highly recomend Children of Bodom - Hatecrew Deathroll. This album is just solid, really fast really melodic, death metal.

Then also the album, Ephel Duath - The Painter's Pallete
This is considered Jazz Metal, it does have alot of slow atmoshperic parts, but it is often very quick and most of all, very original. If don't like shouting though, you won't like this.

Feb 20, 2005 at 11:03 AM Post #44 of 51
[size=xx-large]STATIC X - CONTROL IT[/size]

This song is what all music should be like, It models everything I look for in music so perfectly, it makes me want to do a backflip off the wall everytime i listen to it...just this one song and it kicks so much ass, has so much power and energy. It is my absolute favorite.

And if you liked that you will love SPINESHANK!

Spineshank - Negative Space
Spineshank - New Disease
Spineshank - Asthmatic
Spineshank - Beginning Of The End
Spineshank - Fallback
Spineshank - Perfect Ending

Users who are viewing this thread

Back