Looking for step-up from Senn PX-100. HD 25?
Feb 5, 2011 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DefBringer

New Head-Fier
I've had my beloved PX-100 I and II headphones for a while now, still love them, but looking for something that is considered the "next step up".

I'd really like to stick with Sennheiser but if there is a quality alternative, I'm game.

The reasons I love my PX-100s are because they're comfortable, are open-air, and have punchy, lively bass without being muddy. 

I'm looking for headphones that have these qualities but ALSO have a wider soundstage. Are the HD 25 my only option?  Articulate, accurate, deep bass is paramount.  I want to steer clear of IEM's or headphones that put lots of pressure on the ears.   I will be listening primarily to Jazz and Electronic music. 

95% of the headphones talked about on this forum are available online only (for me) so I have to rely on good advice here. :)

Feb 5, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 2
Ive had the PX200 for many years as a foldable travel headphone, and bought the HD25iII about 6 months ago.

I love the HD25 for many reasons, and IMO the bass and soundstage are good, but I can't compare the two as they fit so differently.  Isolation-wise they are at opposite ends for example, and comfort-wise too due to the size difference and velour pads with the HD25. 

Sorry, not much help really, other to say that the HD25 are great for the price/build/sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back