Looking for Specific Balanced DAC/AMP under $200
Jul 6, 2019 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TooPoorForHiFi

Previously known as MidNighTempest
Requirement

• Small Form Factor.
  • Balanced Option.
  • Under $200.
I currently have the FiiO K3 but I want something w/ more Power.

Anyone happen to own an iFi Nano Black Label could share some feedback on the Unit? Would it be an upgrade to the FiiO K3 in term of sound quality?

I'm looking for something more powerful and has Balanced Option. It would mainly be use as stationary w/ Laptop. If there are other better Option in similar size under $200 Do tell.

Thanks.

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #2 of 4
I think if you are looking to do balanced or xlr at such a strict budget limitation, it might be better to just get two good separates that are single-ended for the same price or less.
I also wonder if your headphones would actually need the increased gain of balanced operation.

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 4
RequirementSmall Form Factor.Balanced Option.Under $200.
Anyone happen to own an iFi Nano Black Label could share some feedback on the Unit? Would it be an upgrade to the FiiO K3 in term of sound quality?
I'm looking for something more powerful and has Balanced Option. It would mainly be use as stationary w/ Laptop. If there are other better Option in similar size under $200 Do tell. Thanks.
Do you even own headphones that use a balanced connection?
I would say for a $200 budget, you better off not going for the balanced jack,
building in a balanced jack eats away at the manufacturing budget of the DAP, budget that could be used for other functions, like better DAC chip(s) or a more power for the un-balanced headphone jack.
Or wat up space that could be used for a larger battery.

Jul 7, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 4
Requirement

• Small Form Factor.
  • Balanced Option.
  • Under $200.

I don't think you'll be able to find one. At best there's the Loxjie P20 but it's only an amp.

There are Ray Samuels DAC-HPamps that have a lot more power and are tiny but unless you find one used and probably scratched up, you're not gonna find a Predator much less an Intruder for close to $200.

---
I'm looking for something more powerful and has Balanced Option. It would mainly be use as stationary w/ Laptop. If there are other better Option in similar size under $200 Do tell.

You don't need balanced drive to get a lot more power, even more power than the Loxjie, but the size is a bit larger. And this way you won't even need to buy a new headphone cable or chop off the TRS or mini-TRS on your cable to solder on an XLR plug.

Schiit Magni 3 has 3watts output at 16ohm. Per channel. The only downside is you have to get the Modi 3, and then stack them or put them side by side, so that's a larger form factor. That's $198 for both of them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back