Looking For Speakers That doesn't dilute the audio...
Apr 23, 2012 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Johnnyhi

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a 2.1 system that meet the specifications/performance noted below: 

in some movies with some of my speakers lets say in a scene where people are on a tunnel when they speak you suppose to hear eco right? but that doesn't happen with some of my speakers an the klipsch promedia 2.1 manages to achieve this with a samsung Tv feature called "Game Mode" the eco sounds as if i where there myself... and not only it produces the sound like it suppose to the voices, ambient, accuracy, detail, alive, depth, excitement is all there in fact i stopped using my DAC and other equipment and fall in love with the sound coming from this speakers thru my TV... now this doesn't mean is flawless but is perfect for movies and some music i'm trying to achieve this great sound without having to rely on my Tv Game Mode feature and i'm thinking on buying this:

Focal Xs 2.1 

Audio Engine A5 an separate sub

any other 2.1 system are very welcome. 

Thanks.!

Note:
I modified the klipsch a bit, i rewired the speakers with new cable, i removed the control pod and used a 3.5mm cable that goes directly from my Tv to the sub etc... and the results was noise free in fact i turn the volume all the way up to 100% and there was no noise as if the speakers where turn off. and i also get better sound...

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 8
that so called 'game mode' you mentioned is available for a certain gaming speaker called Corsair SP2500

they have many of these filters that work impressively.

I do have doubts on the term 'gaming speaker' but when I actually auditioned it, they are quite impressive for the price, plus the massive subwoofer that sounds better than Logitech Z2300

anyway I would still recommend you to go for Aego M or step up your price for Focal Bird for some speakers that doesn't 'dilute' the audio

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks deathzero34 for the link... definitely checking that out, i've heard about the Focal Bird but i haven't own a Focal product before, it could be interesting checking out their products, thanks Power...

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #5 of 8
Its kinda scary when you start looking at your options - I'm trying to keep my budget under 1K USD and avoid 4-ohm speakers, but even then there are so many choices:

Active :     KRK Rokit 8, Genelec 6010A, Dynaudio BM5A Mk II
Passive:   KEF Q300,  Monitor Audio BX2 and a host of others

All of the above seem to have good reviews, although the Pro monitors seem to have legions of fans on sites like Sweetwater,com who want to slag off every other monitor in favour of their own choice. As always, the choices that have the most enthusiastic reviews seem to be over my limit - the Dynadio Excite X12 and Spendor SA1 passives - but so much of it will come back to my amp choice. The X12 reviews made me want to throw my limit out the window until I saw that they are a 4-ohm speaker with 84dB sensitivity - makes a really good argument for active speakers. 

Apr 27, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #6 of 8
I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to find some speakers for my computer. I have a decent headset for listening to music when I code or work on the computer but when I work around the room I hate the constrain of the cable. (2 meters range )

I have been hunting speakers down that would fit what I would like and its a difficult choice.

Near-field monitor? front or back air vent? passive/active? Then the price? Is it going to sound nice to the music I listen?

@Johnnyhi
I have been researching the Adam A3X lately with the a7 sub. It seem to be a popular combo on some places for a number of reason. (they are active, have volume knob, front air vent and the sub add the bass depending on your taste)

@estreeter
There was a thread somewhere claiming/saying that passive active speakers were superior in to the passive one. Let me try to find it.
Here it is : http://www.head-fi.org/t/600096/active-speakers-monitors-dispelling-the-ignorance-confusion-and-myths
You might find it an interesting read.

In my humble opinion that is probably not qualified to advance these claim, I think there a lot of hype by certain segments of most forum. Advancing "their" brand has the best. Like a random guy said somewhere: "You wont know if you like them until you listened to them, Get to that shop and ask them to play your songs". Of course finding said shop with the speakers you are interested into is an other matter.

p.s
I am curious on what you will be taking, please update this post with your choice when you decide and perhaps your impression of your newly acquired speakers.

Apr 27, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:

@estreeter
There was a thread somewhere claiming/saying that passive active speakers were superior in to the passive one. Let me try to find it.
Here it is : http://www.head-fi.org/t/600096/active-speakers-monitors-dispelling-the-ignorance-confusion-and-myths
You might find it an interesting read.

In my humble opinion that is probably not qualified to advance these claim, I think there a lot of hype by certain segments of most forum. Advancing "their" brand has the best. Like a random guy said somewhere: "You wont know if you like them until you listened to them, Get to that shop and ask them to play your songs". Of course finding said shop with the speakers you are interested into is an other matter.

Yep - I read the thread a couple of weeks back and have crossed swords with Mauricio in a couple of other threads. I really want to get a pair of $500-$700 passive speakers alongside a pair of actives under 1k - even then, some would consider it an unfair comparison depending on the amplification needed to drive the passive speakers. I just think there are so many variables that its hard to make blanket statements for everyone, but I do accept that some passive speakers make it very hard for a 'one-size fits all' mid-fi amp to measure up. 

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #8 of 8
Ah yes, Mauricio seem to be somewhat abrupt in his argumentation. ill agree with you though, there a lot of variable to account for if you want to compare each set of speaker/amp.

I am more interested into active for the reduce clutter of equipment. My desk is already a total mess, lamp, 2 screens, scope, power supply, router, modem, cpu, headphone every now and then, phone, external drive, external raid array, etc. (and not even talking about the wires to power all that)

I need to find someone who heard the BX5 D2/BX8 D2 vs adam A3x/A5x and Rokkit 5/8

Biggest concern for me is how well a near-field monitor can power a small-mid sized room.

and what is the difference between ribbon tweeter and silk dome tweeter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back