looking for something to replace ksc75
Aug 27, 2007 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

poonpower

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I think my drivers are almost dead, I hear these stat noises when Im watching movies and listening to music, and its usually when there are a lot of sounds going on and when the bass is heavy.

I want to either send them in for a replacement pair, or go for something that sounds similar to the ksc75. On the cheap, preferably not more expensive than say.... a pk2. Has to be open or earbuds type.

What options are there?

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 13
I would just send your KSC75's in for repair, and then decide whether or not you are listening to music too loud. From what I have listened too, the SQ improvement from a $15 KSC75 to a $150 headphone is negligible and not worth the extra cash.

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would just send your KSC75's in for repair, and then decide whether or not you are listening to music too loud. From what I have listened too, the SQ improvement from a $15 KSC75 to a $150 headphone is negligible and not worth the extra cash.

uh don't you mean 150 to 1000?

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 13
For a pair of open headphones that sound quite similar to KSC75, I would suggest at least looking at the MS-1.

I would also suggest getting the KSC75 replaced. Free is a good price for these great little cans!

....the MS-1 can be quite addictive, however.
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For a pair of open headphones that sound quite similar to KSC75, I would suggest at least looking at the MS-1.

I would also suggest getting the KSC75 replaced. Free is a good price for these great little cans!

....the MS-1 can be quite addictive, however.
tongue.gif

Free yes, but you do have to pay shipping, correct? By that time, its half the cost of the cans, so, logically, you should get a pair of HD580s!
580smile.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #7 of 13
i was pondering on whether to get the ms1 or not, because it has worldwide free shipping, and it seems to get everyone's attention. I wanna just send it in first, and try the new ones to see if I wanna change them or not. If not, then maybe, just maybe, I'll get the ms1.
haha

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #8 of 13
How about both? Send your KSC75's to Koss for 6 bucks, and buy a pair of MS1's. Then you'll have a good starter portable phone and a good starter home phone. So that would be the price equivalent of paying the shipping for the MS1's yet having two headphones.

Aug 27, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I have both and the differences in their sound quality is evident, but only when your really paying attention to your music.

That's true. They do have quite similar presentations. But what I had noticed going back and forth between the two listening through an amp, is that the differences seem small at first, but after hearing them for a while, it gets hard to go back to the KSC75 for more serious listening. After a while the differences did seem more pronounced.

...of course I liked the sound so much that I ended up springing for the MS2i to bring out the differences even further.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back