looking for something similar to HD555
Nov 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

curtpj12

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I've had a pair of Sennheiser HD555's for about 3 years now, (which I love), but I'm looking for something new. I don't want to spend more than $200, but I would like to find a set that are more comfortable than the 555's - especially when wearing them for an extended period of time. I also want to stay with the open-ear design. Any recommendations? PS: have amp, so no issues there.

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hi everyone,

I've had a pair of Sennheiser HD555's for about 3 years now, (which I love), but I'm looking for something new. I don't want to spend more than $200, but I would like to find a set that are more comfortable than the 555's - especially when wearing them for an extended period of time. I also want to stay with the open-ear design. Any recommendations? PS: have amp, so no issues there.

The HD 598 seems like a natural fit and the Audio Technica ATH-AD900X is certainly worthy of consideration.  Both are considered to be comfortable by most who have tried them.  However, one is left to wonder what about the HD 555 you found to be uncomfortable.

Once again I’ll mention that headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  Sizing and sensitivities are unique to each person.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back