Looking for something different...or maybe an upgrade?
Jun 21, 2014 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Aegis303

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I have been using the SE215 blue edition for almost half a year now and now i am hoping to get another pair of earphone.  At first i am thinking to upgrade to another model, but the one i am looking at is kinda out of my budget (SE535).  And i ve since been thinking maybe getting another iem of different sound signature.  I've decided to get the HF5 at first, but after reading the reviews on the RE400, i am having doubt on which pair of IEM to get.  I currently live in Hong Kong so i am able to get both the HF5 and RE400 without much problem.  Any suggestions between the 2 earphones?  The RE400 i saw was around 754 HKD (around 98 USD) and the HF5 i saw was around 1100 dollars (i guess 140-ish USD).  Another suggestions would be great too; i am hoping i don't have to buy from the internet though.

Also what are some possible "upgrades" i can get for the SE215, are the DUNU 1k a good choice?.

Anyways thanks in advance

Btw i usually use these earphones both at home and commute, usually on my Fiio X3.

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 6
If you like the SE215, i would say save up for the next step :wink:. No point buying other headphones that are in the same price (sub-200). I used to do that but I really regret that decision. Save up and go for that SE535 or at that price point, you could look into custom in ear monitors like the 1964-V3, Noble C3, and other similar brands :).

Jun 21, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 6
I kinda agree with u about regretting later if I buy other sub 200 iem. Do u have any other suggestions for an upgrade? I will look into the customs you just mentioned too.

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #5 of 6
See if you can demo Dunu DN-1000 like JoeDoe said, I think it'll be worth your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back