Looking for someone who owns the JVC HARX700's
Feb 7, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal425 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look like good cans for the price. I'm interested in testing them with some Drum N' Bass. Can someone please test them with some Drum N' Bass.

Here are some examples.

YouTube - Black Sun Empire - The Sun VIP

YouTube - limewax - he will find us

Let me know how they sound on the RX700's and report back.

Thank you!

Ok so I'm a newb to the forums, so take it with a grain of salt, but I do own both the rx700s and the rx900s. The bass on the rx700s isn't bad at all. The 900s have more powerful bass, but it's a little much in my opinion. The only thing I don't like about the 700 is the weak treble (and of course the absurdly goofy look). I think its a really good balanced starter headphone, but I'm sure someone with more experience can either confirm/deny my statements. Cheers.

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 6
Did you test them both with the links provided in my OP? I heard the 900 is not very good for DnB, because it has a sloppy, loose bass. The 700 has a more punchy, tight, faster bass.

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #4 of 6
I can't help you with the test as i haven't received my rx700 yet, but i plan to mod them with the foam ring to open up the cups and the dynamat mod, both which make the bass more accurate and punchy as well as extending the soundstage. Also going to remove half or all of the felt ring on the driver to extend the mids and highs.

Apparently when modded the rx700 are awesome bass headphones and as i listen mostly to jungle/dnb and hip hop they should be very good.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jvc...0-mods-435809/
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jvc...-about-381303/

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal425 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you test them both with the links provided in my OP? I heard the 900 is not very good for DnB, because it has a sloppy, loose bass. The 700 has a more punchy, tight, faster bass.

Yes I did, I listened to them through an X-Fi Forte with a built in headphone amp. The first sounded good, but I think the second sounded pretty weak and flat. I'm not entirely convinced its not because of the recording quality though. I would agree that the 900's bass sounds sloppy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back