Looking for some Ultrasone pro 750s (and advice!)
Oct 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ZepherX

New Head-Fier
Preferably new, since i've never bought headphones of quality (other than the sennheiser pc350s which don't really compare..) and wouldn't know if something is wrong with them or not.

I found them on ebay for ~235$ usd, but when i sent money into paypal the offer expired. So now im stuck with 235 in paypal and no headphones!

I know i can go to buy.com and buy the prolines for 230, but i'd much rather have the upgrades that the pro has..

Actually, if anyone has them used here i may buy them for a reasonable price =D

I'm also curious if its the right purchase for me. I've never used open headphones compared to closed, and i kind of doubt i'd want them. I often bring my headphones places (safely of course!) and closed seems the only good option for that. I listen to a lot of electronic/house/dubstep, along with tons of alt. rock and indie.

I currently do not have an amp or DAC. So i'll be investing into a compass soon enough.

If anyone can contribute to any of this, it will be appreciated!

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 11
Not sure if bumps are allowed..
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepherX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Preferably new, since i've never bought headphones of quality (other than the sennheiser pc350s which don't really compare..) and wouldn't know if something is wrong with them or not.

I found them on ebay for ~235$ usd, but when i sent money into paypal the offer expired. So now im stuck with 235 in paypal and no headphones!

I know i can go to buy.com and buy the prolines for 230, but i'd much rather have the upgrades that the pro has..

Actually, if anyone has them used here i may buy them for a reasonable price =D

I'm also curious if its the right purchase for me. I've never used open headphones compared to closed, and i kind of doubt i'd want them. I often bring my headphones places (safely of course!) and closed seems the only good option for that. I listen to a lot of electronic/house/dubstep, along with tons of alt. rock and indie.

I currently do not have an amp or DAC. So i'll be investing into a compass soon enough.

If anyone can contribute to any of this, it will be appreciated!

I have a pair of Ultrasone Pro900s and they are the best headphones i've ever heard for that style of music. I have never heard the Pro750s, but i've read that they sound quite similar, just not quite as good.

I would recommend the 900s, they simply are excellent headphones and absolutley nail techno, dubstep, etc. The bass is phenominal.

Don't bother with the Pro750s, if you want to save money get the Proline750s. They sound exactly the same, just the ear pads are a bit smaller, and they don't come with a box. If you can afford it, i would try to get the Pro900s.

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 11
The 900's are a bit out of my price range, unless i were to save up for another few months, and i'd rather start piecing together an amp and DAC with the $$. Eventually i'll upgrade the headphones, but i'd like to make the rest as nice as the headphones.

I'd go for the prolines, but the pads/looks are decently important to me to wait out for another deal.... I think.
And the box would be very helpful, since i'd be traveling with them.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #8 of 11
Go for the 900 I say
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Markj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might be getting Edition8 in next few weeks and will have to sell PRO900.

I may be very interested!

Paypal is being difficult. I put in 235 for the pro 750's on ebay and it took 8 days to clear. Now the deal on Buy.com is 330$ for the 900s and i want 95$ more in paypal before the offer expires!

Ugh, i wish paypal was instant... If this offer expires while im transfering money...
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #11 of 11
I believe i've found a way to order it. If it comes back, i'll reconsider buying. But if it works out,
wink.gif

Hooked up a debit card to paypal, so it will use the funds in paypal and then for the rest go to the checking account. Hoping it works. Got an order confirmation..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back