looking for some recommendations on what to get
Feb 28, 2014 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

trixyvapor

New Head-Fier
Hey, i'm new here as in i've just made this account, so first i would like to say Hi! to all of you.

Right, what I’m looking for is a set of headphones in-ear or Full-sized closed that have great clarity in the mids and highs, but still have good deep thumping bass that i can feel if i turn the music up a little loud.

The music i listen to most at the moment is some Daft Punk R.A.M, techno, eurodance, trance and dubstep, but i also listen to acoustic, instrumental and some other genres. 

price: 200-300$

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #5 of 11
Doesn't that need an amp to be properly driven?

An amp will tighten the bass and clean up the sound a bit (even my e11 does a perfect job), but volume-wise, it is totally unnecessary. I tried plugging it straight into my PC the other day and at 20% it was more than loud enough. These are very sensitive cans.

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #7 of 11

Doesn't that need an amp to be properly driven?

An amp will tighten the bass and clean up the sound a bit (even my e11 does a perfect job), but volume-wise, it is totally unnecessary. I tried plugging it straight into my PC the other day and at 20% it was more than loud enough. These are very sensitive cans.

Having sufficient volume is not an assurance than a can is properly amped.  For example and iPhone will drive the Pro 750 very loud, but it will deliver almost none of its bass,

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #8 of 11

You probably need to state that equipment will be feeding and powering these cans.

oh, sorry i forgot about the equipment i'm going to be using. I'm going to be using it with an Galaxy note 3 with or without an amp, the depends on if it's needed or not with the headphones i buy.

If you also get an amp, the Q40 is a good suggestion.

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #10 of 11
Headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  No one has the same size, shape, features and sensitivities that you do.  There really is no substitute for trying it yourself and, if possible listening to it for a period equal to you longest music, movie, gaming or computer session.

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #11 of 11
Okay great, i have a question though, how is it comfort wise? 

On the stock pads, not very good unfortunately. The clamping pressure is very high and the pads don't help either. Some members got Srh840 and Alpha pads on them, and they say it increases the comfort, but personally I only have the stock pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back