Looking for some open headphones under/around 100$
Feb 1, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #16 of 19
Hi!

Open leaks sound but sound usually better than closed other than the bass department. For $100, if you are fine with on-ear, the UE4000 sound best at that price range. Even at $150, it is still an excellent headphone. The spaciality of these headphone is its details. Very detailed and I could hear the finest detail of the song.

For open on-ear, I will second Grado SR80i although I never get to try them but it seems to play well with your genres of music.

For over the ear, I will highly suggest the HD439. It's warm sounding overall. Very easy to listen. If not, I will second HD558 or HD598. HD558 are good but for the price, it is better to upgrade to HD598 or go for HD558. Also, sibillance might be a issue on these.

Hope this help!
Billson :)

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
Hi!

Open leaks sound but sound usually better than closed other than the bass department. For $100, if you are fine with on-ear, the UE4000 sound best at that price range. Even at $150, it is still an excellent headphone. The spaciality of these headphone is its details. Very detailed and I could hear the finest detail of the song.

For open on-ear, I will second Grado SR80i although I never get to try them but it seems to play well with your genres of music.

For over the ear, I will highly suggest the HD439. It's warm sounding overall. Very easy to listen. If not, I will second HD558 or HD598. HD558 are good but for the price, it is better to upgrade to HD598 or go for HD558. Also, sibillance might be a issue on these.

Hope this help!
Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

I get the 558 for the same price as the 449 since I get a staff discount at a store that sells then 558's. At this point I think It's between the 558's and the AT M50. I don't really care for on ear headphones so that kills a lot of decent valued ones and the 558's seem highly praised.

I guess it comes down to whether I want open or closed in the decision between the M50 and the 558's

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #18 of 19
Get the 558, man,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back