Looking for some new headphones, or IEMs
Feb 26, 2017 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rage038

Head-Fier
On a trip to Madrid, I've lost my IEMs, I was using the Alpha & Delta AD01's. So I'm looking for a replacement.

I very much enjoyed these IEMs plus the detachable cable was great too. Although, in the 1,5 years of use the cable never broke down on me. Prior to this IEMs every IEM I had the cable broke within 3-6 months, all of these were

I'm looking to spend anywhere between 100-150 Euros (or Dollars) for the IEM's I'd go up to 200 if someone can convince me they're exponentially better. If they're less than 100 euros I wouldn't mind if they had a fixed cable, but if they are going to be more expensive, especially 150 or more I'd want them to have a detachable cable, just a trust issue. Oh, and lastly, I very much prefer wearing IEMs cable down.

I like doing too much research, so I've made a short-list up until now:
Yamaha EPH-M200 (I really liked the Yamaha EPH-100, they sounded amazing, I just didn't like the fit, they hurt my ears after 20-30 minutes, so these might solve all that)
1MORE Triple Driver (Raving reviews, that's pretty much all I know about these IEMs)
Alpha & Delta AD01 (my trustworthy IEMs, rest in piece wherever you are)
Shure SE215 (just maaaaaybe, I really dislike wearing the cable over the ear)
Accutone Gemini HD (Saw a great review on the frontpage of Head-Fi)
JBL Reflect Aware (Just because they work with a lightning connector)

For the headphones, I'm willing to spend a bit more, because of durability, Bluetooth, and design. I'd prefer them to be wireless and on-ear. I'd go up to around 400 Euros. I've been looking at some Beoplay offerings (H4 and H8) as well as the Master & Dynamic MH30 and some Philips (Philips M2L and M2BT)

The music I mostly listen to is hip-hop, I know it's a broad genre but I listen to a lot of different hip-hop (a lot of Stormzy, 6lack and Anfa Rose right now). I like a warm sound, or slightly V-shaped. I don't like a too bright sound.

I'm wondering if there is anything I should really look into apart from the ones I've mentioned.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 3
Giving this an up because I feel like it started at the bottom, and also I forgot to mention. The source is an iPhone 7 and I was using the lightning to 3,5mm adapter. I found out the Shure SE215's also have a lightning cable.

Another IEM I was also interested about was the V-Moda Forza Metallo and perhaps a smaller headphone such as the Beoplay H2 and perhaps the AKG N60 NC.

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 3
+1 on the 1More Triple Driver. Really excellent and a true bargain at current pricing. I would add the Dunu DN-1000, the Fidue A73, VSONIC GR07, and the RHA MA750, which is over-ear, I realize, but it sounds outstanding and it has a three-year warranty, which rocks. Something to at least consider.

As for BT headphones, I like the AKG K845BT and the B&W P7 a lot. The P7 is at the top of your budget parameters, but it is really superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back