Looking for some kind of remote control for android phone
Jul 1, 2014 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mamamia88

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for some kind of adapter with play/pause/next/previous buttons that can be used with any set of headphones I own.  But, I can't seem to find anything like this.  I don't want a mic because I don't want the adapter to sit near my left shoulder.    If it could sit near my belly button or chest I would be super happy.  Please tell me something like this exists

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 8
This will be overkill most likely, but what about the beyerdynamic a200p? It has buttons and volume control. I'm assuming your source is a phone, and it's a dac/amp. But this is probably way more than you're aiming to spend. Sorry I can't give a more realistic suggestion.

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #3 of 8
This will be overkill most likely, but what about the beyerdynamic a200p? It has buttons and volume control. I'm assuming your source is a phone, and it's a dac/amp. But this is probably way more than you're aiming to spend. Sorry I can't give a more realistic suggestion.

yep overkill. it really sucks that there's all this stuff for ios but nothing for android

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #4 of 8
I know the dac/amp works for Android too, so I'd assume the buttons would work as well. Another dac/amp made with Android specifically in mind is the Fiio E18. It's nearly half the cost, has the buttons, and can charge your phone. Unfortunately, unless it has a case with a clip, it doesn't work for your needs either.

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #5 of 8
I know the dac/amp works for Android too, so I'd assume the buttons would work as well. Another dac/amp made with Android specifically in mind is the Fiio E18. It's nearly half the cost, has the buttons, and can charge your phone. Unfortunately, unless it has a case with a clip, it doesn't work for your needs either.

Honestly I would love a 3.5mm female to 3.5mm male cable with a remote in the middle.  I have a hard time believing that nothing like that exists.   Maybe a cheep keychain remote on a carabiner would work as well.  I'm keeping my eye out for stuff like a smartwatch as well.   

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #7 of 8
http://www.amazon.com/headset-earphone-Headphone-Adapter-Extension/dp/B00JQ3SMK2/

It's inexpensive, but Im not sure I've seen one designed for iPhone that also works for Android

Jul 1, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #8 of 8
http://www.amazon.com/headset-earphone-Headphone-Adapter-Extension/dp/B00JQ3SMK2/

It's inexpensive, but Im not sure I've seen one designed for iPhone that also works for Android
the few made for iPhone iems i own the middle button works for play/pause but the volume buttons are useless. You can set poweramp to change tracks with double/triple click but its not ideal, Maybe that combined with one of those shure adapters with volume wheel would do the trick but still not perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back