Looking for some iPhone 1G help
Mar 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

britishbane

500+ Head-Fier
Hoping you fine people at Headfi can help me out. I've got a first generation iPhone that I cannot get to recognize my finger flick to open up the phone. The phone is on, and as far as I can tell is functioning perfectly (my alarms continue to go off at their usual times, and I can get audio to play by double clicking the circle button at the bottom of the phone). When I hit the button on the top of the phone my background screen pops up with the clock as usual but the slid bar at the bottom simply wont recognize my finger, which is odd since I can power down the phone via the top button and the slide bar that appears at the top of the screen.

I've restarted to phone numerous times and restored the factory settings once with no luck.

What say 'ye Headfi?

Mar 14, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 2
you probably already did it but try cleaning the screen with a soft lint free cloth there may be too much oil from your skin on that spot and it is blocking the touch ability and you could also try some lens spray but remember a little goes a long way. and if you have a screen protector on it you could try taking it off, other than that I would have to say something is broken and it will ne to be brought to a dealer for repair/replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back