Looking for some headphones
Dec 27, 2012 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ColeLewis

New Head-Fier
Hi guy, I am looking for some head phones. I listen to mostly hip hop and rap. I was looking at the ultrasone pro 900's. I would like the head phone to be under 400$ and would i need a portable amp?

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hi guy, I am looking for some head phones. I listen to mostly hip hop and rap. I was looking at the ultrasone pro 900's. I would like the head phone to be under 400$ and would i need a portable amp?

Heya,

Do you want to hear the intricate detail of the instrumentation and clever combinations of diction and rhymes? Or do you just want to hear a bunch of boom boom wub wub? The PRO900 is good if you want to hear a bunch of boom boom wub wub. If you want to hear the other 85% of the music, then I would look at a different headphone. I find hip hop & rap to actually be lyric/vocal driven music, not instrumental bass. So why people want headphones that are awful for vocals for hip hop & rap is beyond me. I suppose they're just listening to bass. In which case, they should look into other genres of music with way more interesting bass lines.

Other options, if you want to hear the lyrics perhaps:

AudioTechnica A900X
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone HFI 580
Beyer DT770 PRO
Beyer Custom One Pro
Mr Speakers Mad Dogs (T50RP)
AKG K167

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back