Looking for some good quality earphones - nothing too fancy
Oct 24, 2007 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pawelceb

New Head-Fier
So my earphones don't work anymore and I want to buy new ones. I don't want headphones. I'm not an audiofile, just want some good quality for my mp3 player. Someone told me that the music you listen to is important when chosing earphones. So I listen to different stuff but mainly some rap, funk and lately I found out that I also like indie a bit. Price range? I dunno to be honest but I don't want to spend too much but on the other hand I don't want crap. Thanks in advance for all suggestions. Oh one more thing - they have to be comfortable. I had some sennheisers before and it was really a pain to have them in your ears for more than 30mins.

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #2 of 10
Can't go wrong with the Yuin PK2s ($69) or PK3s ($49) at head-direct.com. I have the latter, and they are fantastic comfort-wise and have excellent SQ. Check the threads on the Yuins. A great value. Remember, they are ear buds (the round ones that sit in your ears, but not deep inside your ears). Some folks don't like that format, but I do. And they are tough and durable. A perfect solution for your needs in my opinion.

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 10
The first thing came to my mind were new line of Sennheisers, but then sawing your last sentence, hm...
could say probably check out Creative EP 630, at 16 ohms - they are well driven by most mp3 players.

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Super Fi Pros or Shure E4's. Both around $175

x2, these are both very good suggestions.

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The first thing came to my mind were new line of Sennheisers, but then sawing your last sentence, hm...
could say probably check out Creative EP 630, at 16 ohms - they are well driven by most mp3 players.

ep630 is crap, anything less than a pk3 or a se210-er6i-SF3 grade is a sin
3000smile.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #7 of 10
Thanks for all the responses. I decided I'm going to buy one of these. But apparently there are a few types of each so could you recommend the best from the ones in the links that I posted next to the names of earphones (the cheaper the better but if there's a visible difference for someone who's not an audiofile i'm willing to pay a bit more):

- super fi pros http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_...0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

- shure e4 http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_...0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

- pk2 or pk3 - I can't find them on amazon
frown.gif

Also can you recommend any better/cheaper e-shops in the UK?

Thanks in advance,
Pawel

P.S. Is it true that earphones like shure e4, which you put deep into your ear, get dirty all the time? I wash my ears everyday if that's the issue :p Are they comfortable? Is it true that you don't hear anything around you, i.e. when walking down the street?

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #10 of 10
IEM's or canalphones are not really comfortable ... for comfort the sennheiser px100's or yuins are a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back