Looking For Some Good IEM's
Feb 5, 2012 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

InsomniacAttack

New Head-Fier
Alright guys! I'm looking for some really good IEM's/In Ear Headphones for a decent to good price and the best bang for your buck! I have about $70 or so to spend but I could go up if it really is a good pair of headphones..  I haven't had to many pairs of headphones in the past just the "Philips The Stretch Headphones", "Sony MDR XB-500's", a few different pairs of original Ipod headphones, a random pair of sonys, some SUPER expensive IEM's that my work provides me when recording but no other time.. Anyway I really like extra bass sounds yet clear crisp vocals as I mainly listen to Screamo and Techno/Dubstep.  I would like them to have a kevlar reinforced cable or double/triple twist cable or a carrying case because I'm pretty dang ruff with my headphones so I need to know that there durable.  I'm looking at the "Woodees Blues Headphones" from BestBuy on sale for $56.. Also a MUST have is an in-line remote and mic that at least has play/pause and volume control with the mic.  I do a lot of live sound work and recording about 3-5 hours a week, and will be going to college starting this summer for Music Business and Psychology and then go to an internship to the conservatory of recording arts and sciences. I also would like if they either came with marshmallows or were compatible with them like the Comply Marshmallow Tips :D

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 18
I'm not sure Woodees blues are much better then the cheaper 101's (http://www.amazon.com/Woodees-IESW101B-Inner-ear-Stereo-Earphone/dp/B001U5YZ4G/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1329113196&sr=1-7). That being said, Klipsch Image S4i's are $69 on Tigerdirect right now.

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 18

Quote:
I'm not sure Woodees blues are much better then the cheaper 101's (http://www.amazon.com/Woodees-IESW101B-Inner-ear-Stereo-Earphone/dp/B001U5YZ4G/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1329113196&sr=1-7). That being said, Klipsch Image S4i's are $69 on Tigerdirect right now.

TBH, the S4a are a bit mediocre, even for a slightly discounted price... Too v-shaped and sibilant, though they are very convenient to use.

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #8 of 18
Shure Se215's. Excellent bang for buck. Replaceable/upgradeable cable, Shure olives for superior isolation, over ear to eliminate micro phonics.

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #9 of 18
Though I have not tried it yet,I have done a fair share of research and the vsonics GR07 should be nice 

Feb 13, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
Though I have not tried it yet,I have done a fair share of research and the vsonics GR07 should be nice 

Quote:
Sony EX510's are a master piece.

Well the EX500's were, so the 510's are identical but have a better build quality - you can't go wrong there!

Still on my favourite IEM's I've ever bought

Unfortunately, neither of those have innline mics or remotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back