Looking for some good headphones. 200$-300$ + More more requirements.
May 18, 2012 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jallan

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some good headphones, for music.
I've limited myself to 200-300$ pricerange, as I will also get some quality speakers as well later.

Basic info:

I listen to a lot of electronic music like techno/dubstep/electro/house etc, but also some rock and other genres. Depends. I love to listen to music, and I won't go a day without it. So I'm in need of some quality ones.

Now, I got a few requirements:
- 200-300$ pricerange.
- Should be able to use them outside of my home. I'm interested in use them maybe outside, at school and so on.
- Must be "around" the ear not on it. Must be confortable so I can use it for hours and hours without my ear hurting. Not so small it doesn't properly fit around my ear, that's just annoying ^^
- The headphones must be able to show the different between high tones, and low tones as well as heavy bass without it sounding...strange. You know what I mean.
- As I've said, I'm willing to put in 200-300$ for these headphones, so they must be of good quality. I must be able to use them for years, so they dont stop working after a few months.
- Noise isolation/reduction. So the noise around me doesn't get trought and disturb my music experience ^^

- Oh, and please write why. Please write a proper answer, writing Beats by Dr bla bla, or something else won't help me at all. I find Beats and Skull Candy overrated. I'm looking for quality here. Not overpriced fashion headphones. Even tho they may be decent, you pay for the fashion, those who made em.

So, that's basically it. I appreciate every answer and thanks in advance =)
If you got some questions, dont hestitate to ask :wink:

May 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #3 of 7
Audio Technica ATH-A900X, been using them for 48 hours now, great sound, easy to wear, light weight.
AKG K550, good reviews, looks really cool.

May 18, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
I'm looking for some good headphones, for music.
I've limited myself to 200-300$ pricerange, as I will also get some quality speakers as well later.

Basic info:

I listen to a lot of electronic music like techno/dubstep/electro/house etc, but also some rock and other genres. Depends. I love to listen to music, and I won't go a day without it. So I'm in need of some quality ones.

Now, I got a few requirements:
- 200-300$ pricerange.
- Should be able to use them outside of my home. I'm interested in use them maybe outside, at school and so on.
- Must be "around" the ear not on it. Must be confortable so I can use it for hours and hours without my ear hurting. Not so small it doesn't properly fit around my ear, that's just annoying ^^
- The headphones must be able to show the different between high tones, and low tones as well as heavy bass without it sounding...strange. You know what I mean.
- As I've said, I'm willing to put in 200-300$ for these headphones, so they must be of good quality. I must be able to use them for years, so they dont stop working after a few months.
- Noise isolation/reduction. So the noise around me doesn't get trought and disturb my music experience ^^

- Oh, and please write why. Please write a proper answer, writing Beats by Dr bla bla, or something else won't help me at all. I find Beats and Skull Candy overrated. I'm looking for quality here. Not overpriced fashion headphones. Even tho they may be decent, you pay for the fashion, those who made em.

So, that's basically it. I appreciate every answer and thanks in advance =)
If you got some questions, dont hestitate to ask :wink:

Heya,

Denon D2000
Beyer DT770
AudioTechnica A900X
AKG K550
Ultrasone PRO 750
M-Audio Q40
Sennheiser HD380 PRO
Shure SRH750 DJ

Check 'em out.

Very best,

May 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks. I'll look up on all of em.

But I've read some about the Audia-Technica M50. Got some really good reviews. I guess it's up to each and everyone if they are portable or not, but your opinion?

Oh, and ofc open for more opinions and suggestions =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back