Looking for some Good Bass, Clarity & Quality in-ear headphones.
Mar 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BenThouin

New Head-Fier
Hi, I want to buy some in-ear headphones but I don't know which brand and type is better for me.

I always have my headphones playing. I'm listening to rap, club, trance, house, dubstep music. I love the bass and the clarity, quality of sound. For the budget, I would prefere to pay under 250$. I bought some 50$ panasonic in-ear headphones and after 2 months the sound was crappy.

Hope you guys could help me.
Thanks
Ben.

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 7
Mar 6, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 7
On topic: I think you are after about the same as me: I have spent like 10 hours today narrowing it down to Atrio MG7, Triple.Fi 10 and the more expensive Sony xba-4 (330$).

Quote:
I would recommend the Yamaha EPH-100. So far I have been very pleased by them. I prefer them above my Monsters Pro-Coppers and Miles Davis Tribute and above my Future Sonics Atrio MG7 and also above my Triple.Fi 10. Very accurate sound  with huge bass and superior isolation.
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-EPH-100SL-Inner-Ear-Headphone/dp/B00591GIMY/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt/178-1201144-0357445

Offtopic: Right now I'm actually myself choosing from Atrio MG7 and Triple.Fi 10 - I abandoned the thought of EPH-100.
You say you own all of these, would EPH-100 still be the best choice if i said I'm a real real basshead, and mostly listen to real punchy and heavy EDM music. Check the link so you know what music I'm referring to!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYXKrmI9ENw

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 7
The Sennheiser IE8, JVC FX700(used), UETF10Pro are recommended for these genres music and they perform very well with good punchy bass.

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
On topic: I think you are after about the same as me: I have spent like 10 hours today narrowing it down to Atrio MG7, Triple.Fi 10 and the more expensive Sony xba-4 (330$).

Offtopic: Right now I'm actually myself choosing from Atrio MG7 and Triple.Fi 10 - I abandoned the thought of EPH-100.
You say you own all of these, would EPH-100 still be the best choice if i said I'm a real real basshead, and mostly listen to real punchy and heavy EDM music. Check the link so you know what music I'm referring to!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYXKrmI9ENw

It will depend on your source and what would be more important to you. There would be a lot of give and take and also if you  would be using and equalizer or not. The Triple.Fi I would scratch it off your list. I have listened to Skrillex and Kaskade and the TF10 does not extract the sub bass that you need. The MG7 Atrio would be a good choice if you are planning on using them with no equalizer but when you add eq the bass increases still but there is an unnaturalness to the sound when you do that. The MG7 also are very closed in in their sound and you will not feel that huge sound and presence. Of all of them so far the ones that have dominated the bass besides the MG7 have been the Miles Davis and the Pro Copper when EQ. But now I find myself really enjoying the EPH-100 because the bass is deep and fast and about as good and they are super comfortable and they and offer, to my ears, superior clarity when I use the EQU app on my iPhone4. I don't know what they did to these micro drivers and maybe it is just me but when I listen to songs with the Yamahas and I compare them to the other ones I own, is like comparing lossy MP3 tracks to Flac. The Yamahas I feel remove what feels to me a layer of coloration that I somehow keep finding on all the other IEM I have owned.

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
It will depend on your source and what would be more important to you. There would be a lot of give and take and also if you  would be using and equalizer or not. The Triple.Fi I would scratch it off your list. I have listened to Skrillex and Kaskade and the TF10 does not extract the sub bass that you need. The MG7 Atrio would be a good choice if you are planning on using them with no equalizer but when you add eq the bass increases still but there is an unnaturalness to the sound when you do that. The MG7 also are very closed in in their sound and you will not feel that huge sound and presence. Of all of them so far the ones that have dominated the bass besides the MG7 have been the Miles Davis and the Pro Copper when EQ. But now I find myself really enjoying the EPH-100 because the bass is deep and fast and about as good and they are super comfortable and they and offer, to my ears, superior clarity when I use the EQU app on my iPhone4. I don't know what they did to these micro drivers and maybe it is just me but when I listen to songs with the Yamahas and I compare them to the other ones I own, is like comparing lossy MP3 tracks to Flac. The Yamahas I feel remove what feels to me a layer of coloration that I somehow keep finding on all the other IEM I have owned.

Damn. I gotta get me a pair of EPH-100's.

How do they compare to Turbine Pro Golds?

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #7 of 7
Found this quote in a review: "Duel against JVC HA-FX700: bass has a similar tightness but is more reasonable on the Yamahas (not for bassheads), mids are more forward on the Yamahas,".
The person reviewing this didn't even listen to EDM, yet he claims that even the FX700 is more for bassheads. Any weight in this?

Edit: Sorry for borrowing your thread abit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back