looking for some earphones that dont fall out for no reason! help please
Jan 22, 2006 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

chickennuggets

100+ Head-Fier
got my new ipod and i shouldve seen this coming, it happened with my mini; the apple earphones fall out of my ears for no reason at all. ill just be sitting here and theyll slowly fall out onto my lap. its rather annoying. i definitely cant use them while working out. i want something portable, that sounds good, thatll stay in my face and not fall out for no reason. ive been reading the downside to 'in-ears' and buds, been hearing they dont do bass all that well. if i can get a pair thats well rounded, the bass doesnt have to be huge but id like to hear it. my main music interests are metal, hardcore, punk. thanks for whatever you got.
etysmile.gif

Jan 22, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 11
matters what ur willing to pay, canalphones sound like ur best bet, use the search function though. youll find alot of threads especially about $100 price range. Shure e2, super fi 3, um1, er6i all in that price range. now do osme research

Jan 22, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 11
Try the super.fi 3s. Cheap, good sound, good comfort, loop over the top of the ears with memory wire so they don't fall out. If you like the full ear plug feel, the the ER-6 or ER-6i are another excellent choice. If money is less of a concern, the Shure 4s are raved about. The wife doesn't let me play with headphones that expensive however, so I won't know until I buy her a new house.
etysmile.gif

Jan 23, 2006 at 9:39 AM Post #5 of 11
Earbud "dropsy" drives me crazy. You can go with (relatively) inexpensive canal phones (Sony, Sharp/Creative, Panasonic, JVC, etc.) or jump right into the Head-Fi game at the level of true IEMs (Shure, Etymotic, Westone, Ultimate Ears, etc.). My Etymotics with the flanged tips burrow so far into the ear canal that they're sometimes difficult to pry out, and my Shures with foamie tips seem to stay in place without having to be inserted as far as the Etys. In addition to staying in place, my two sets of IEMs isolate and sound better than the canal phones, which in turn stay put and sound better than iPod earbuds.

Jan 23, 2006 at 10:51 AM Post #6 of 11
I really like the etymotics. But some people have problems with sticking them in their ears. If you can stand earplugs you'll be fine though.

Jan 23, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #10 of 11
thanks for the tips. ive bookmarked the e4c's and the er6i's. coming from an ipod, unamped, how much difference will there really be between these two? ive heard the sound quality of the ipod is sub par in comparison to others and the snr is crap. just what ive heard and read. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back