looking for some durable home/office headphones for rock/metal.
Sep 23, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #16 of 21
If you can stretch your budget to about $145 or so, you could consider an AKG 271. That is the only closed headphone that I've had extensive experience with, and it held up very well. The build quality also seemed sturdy, even though the headphone itself was fairly light, weight-wise.

Sep 23, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For build quality I have yet to find anything as sturdy as a Beyer. That said, the good closed options you might look at (DT770 pro 80, DT48) may not be perfect in other ways (DT770's recessed mids, DT48's comfort issues). I would still have Beyer on the list minimally for their durability, if not their sound quality.

To most people the DT48 would be a real lack luster for rock..

Sep 23, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #18 of 21
I'm really starting to lean towards the SRH440's because of their robustness, the $85 pricetag, and the all around sound it provides. Can anyone talk me out of these?

Edit: Also, and I feel like a complete noob for asking this, but my Logitec Z-2300 speakers have a volume control that includes a headphone jack, which is what I run my headphones through on my pc. Is this considered "Amped" then? Its this setup. Thanks!

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #19 of 21
I bet the 440's would be perfectly fine for your needs. I'm actually thinking of getting a pair for travel--one that I wouldn't feel too bad about scuffing up!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #20 of 21
I find that the HD280 clamps uncomfortably so. If you listen through headphones for longer stretches (over an hour at a time) it may be worthwhile to take this into account.

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #21 of 21
Thanks for the input everyone! I'm pretty sure on the SRH440's and probably going to put in an order tonight. I still have my PX-100's for travel w/ my ipod, I don't think I'll take the Shure's out of the office. I appreciate your suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back