Looking for some bassy in-ears for the gym.
Jul 1, 2014 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

IIID

New Head-Fier
Got my m50's paired with a little fiio amp to boost the bass.  They are pretty clunky tho & are intended for home use only.  I need something smaller for the gym,  has to be in-ear so i can use in work without being seen lol. 

I listen to alot of hiphop & instrumental albums so sound clarity is most important.  I wont be using my amp with them so they need to have a really good bass aswell.  style/aesthetics not as important aslong as its decent build quality & not made from cheap parts which will fall apart.  An inline controller would be a nice feature to skip tracks without having to take big ipod out all the time.  But that is just a bonus by no means a necessity.

Budget £70-£100  $120-$170

what u got?

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 9
I like the Fostex TE-05. Isolation isn't great for an IEM but it's got great sub-bass rumble that doesn't bleed into the mids. Acoustic guitar sounds great on it as well as EDMs.

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 9
I like the Fostex TE-05. Isolation isn't great for an IEM but it's got great sub-bass rumble that doesn't bleed into the mids. Acoustic guitar sounds great on it as well as EDMs.

They look pretty sleek,  i like them.  Is the isolation noticeably bad?  Or is it only a minor problem?

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 9
They look pretty sleek,  i like them.  Is the isolation noticeably bad?  Or is it only a minor problem?
To me, it's a minor problem. With music, it can drown out a lot of chatter and noise. The nice thing with the removable cable is that if you find that you'll REALLY need a mic, you can just buy a mmcx cable that has one and swap it out w/o buying new IEMs. :)

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 9
To me, it's a minor problem. With music, it can drown out a lot of chatter and noise. The nice thing with the removable cable is that if you find that you'll REALLY need a mic, you can just buy a mmcx cable that has one and swap it out w/o buying new IEMs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Gd to hear. 

Also the detachable cable is something i should have actually mentioned in my op.  This is another great feature im looking for. 

these are in the running im going to read/watch some youtube reviews on them before i make any impulse decisions lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back