looking for some audiophile adivice
May 10, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #17 of 21

Quote:
oh, and just as an FYI your SK might have been breaking because you where being rough on them (wrapping around mp3 player, shoving in pockets, etc). so what ever you end up getting make sure to use the case they come with, or buy one if they don't come with one; and treat those wires nicely :wink:

i did not take good care of my first skull candies and took it as my fault that they busted on me. after that my second and third pairs i took perfect care of them. used the case, never wrapped them around my iphone and i not put it in my pocket while plugged in. IMO headphones should be made to last longer then three weeks (how long my titans lasted) skull candy should work on enforcing the wire near the plug since most of people problems with their headphones are the plug.

thanks guy :D looks like im going with the turbines. suggestions for an amp? (never used one before so i have absolutly no idea on the matter)

May 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #19 of 21
Dont worry bout breaking your sk, not your fault. Every pair of sk iems I've had (over 7 of them, 3 different kinds at least) have broke within 4 months with extra special care. They are just made that way :p

May 10, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
Dont worry bout breaking your sk, not your fault. Every pair of sk iems I've had (over 7 of them, 3 different kinds at least) have broke within 4 months with extra special care. They are just made that way :p

thanks, i thought i was doing something wierd to them. kinda made me paranoid 
tongue.gif

May 10, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #21 of 21

Quote:

i did not take good care of my first skull candies and took it as my fault that they busted on me. after that my second and third pairs i took perfect care of them. used the case, never wrapped them around my iphone and i not put it in my pocket while plugged in. IMO headphones should be made to last longer then three weeks (how long my titans lasted) skull candy should work on enforcing the wire near the plug since most of people problems with their headphones are the plug.

thanks guy :D looks like im going with the turbines. suggestions for an amp? (never used one before so i have absolutly no idea on the matter)

ya, from what I heard the SKs also have pretty bad quality. Just that said my orginal post because it seems to be a pretty common habit :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back