Looking for some advise on a new amp and dac set up (Currently Looking at Schiit Modi 2 Uber/Vali 2)
Dec 27, 2016 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ShamuellJackson

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

Long time lurker of the site and usually try not to bother with the same question that has been asked a million times over. I just ordered the Purple Heart version of the TH-X00 and thought might be time to do a little upgrade to one of my audio rigs. At work I use a FiiO E09K with a E17 and at home I use TEAC CR-H500NT. I manly use the TEAC at home since I can use phono with it. I was about to pull the trigger and buy the Modi 2 uber and Vali 2 since I want to mess with something new but I realized I don't think I will be able to use my records player with it. So I guess the question here is would I need something like the Mani to be able to use my record player with the Modi 2/Vali 2? I spent this weekend going through I don't even know how many threads so I figure might be about time to just open up a thread and ask.

Not sure if it matters but the record player is some old crappy Numark TT200 that was gifted to me years ago and my current headphone roster is:
Hifiman HE350
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm
Sony XB 500
Blue MO-FI

If I need to get the Mani is there a better option all together then the Modi/Vali combo? Was looking at the Vali 2 since it seems like a friendly way into tubes but with the addition of the Mani I would be looking at roughly $465 was wondering if at this price point if I would be better off looking at something else. I guess I really don't need anything to power something powerful but I do imagine down the road I will end up with a set of something more flagship when I get the chance to hear something more outside of the LCD2 and HD 650.

Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back