Looking for smooth engaging IEM
Jan 9, 2020 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rishabhgkp

100+ Head-Fier
I have the Andromeda, now looking for an IEM to complement it, to use in alternate, that has smooth engaging sound with good transients, yet detailed and smooth trebles. Budget would be 600 USD or less.

Jan 10, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 4
I have the Andromeda, now looking for an IEM to complement it, to use in alternate, that has smooth engaging sound with good transients, yet detailed and smooth trebles. Budget would be 600 USD or less.

Hi @rishabhgkp,

I suggest the following in no particular order which may work for you :

IT 04
IT 01s
IT 01
CustomArt Fibae Black (Universal)

As a final note, personally I am not a fan of the Andromeda for various reasons but I have demo it extensively.

Hope you havea great day !

Jan 12, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 4
You have a great IEM with the Andromeda.
Trying to go from there, smooth and engaging sounds like you could like something more V-Shaped?

I would have recommended to take a look at the Drop JVC FDX1, as I love the FD02 with a similar mod as the FDX1 provides.
The treble is really beautifully smooth, extended and resolving, upper mids a bit strong, where the mods come in, then neutral lower mids/upper bass and tastefully elevated low bass. Quite fast, but always smooth.

unfortunately my FDX1 pair arrived with some Issues and sound really bad, so I can’t recommend them now, but if you are ok with a simple reversible mod you can get the FD01 and make your own filters to tame the upper mids to taste.

Soundstage and ultimate resolution will not be on par with the Andros, but they are a really great listen.
For me almost on par with the AK T8iE, and more fun.

cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back