Looking for "small" on-ear wireless headphones.
Apr 10, 2020 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

denniswaugh

Head-Fier
Back in January I suffered from a viral ear infection. With antibiotics this eventually cleared up after a couple of weeks.
Since the infection, my ears have become very sensitive to using iem's, causing severe irritation and soreness to the entrance of my ear canal.

I've been looking at online reviews for on-ear wireless headphones but most of them appear to have quite large earpieces. I'm not looking for ultimate sound quality, just something a bit discreet to tied me over until I can use my iem's again.
I'm looking for some "small" portable on-ear wireless headphones. Budget up to £200.

Thank you for any advice.

Apr 10, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 9
Back in January I suffered from a viral ear infection. With antibiotics this eventually cleared up after a couple of weeks.
Since the infection, my ears have become very sensitive to using iem's, causing severe irritation and soreness to the entrance of my ear canal.

I've been looking at online reviews for on-ear wireless headphones but most of them appear to have quite large earpieces. I'm not looking for ultimate sound quality, just something a bit discreet to tied me over until I can use my iem's again.
I'm looking for some "small" portable on-ear wireless headphones. Budget up to £200.

@denniswaugh if I had known, would have deterred you from using antibiotics, as it weakens or destroys your immunity cells. with any bacterial infection, our own body creates our own natural antibodies and the immune system can always naturally clear most viral infection sooner or later

What is done is is done, my suggestion is to heal and naturalise yourself again by using nutrition.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #5 of 9

Take a look at AKG Y500 or the NC version N60NC.
This should be fine until you're able to use your iems again. :wink:
No need to spend that much money, i think.

Sidenote:
I'll never understand why a viral infection is threaded with antibiotics. ^^
That doesn't make sense to me, bc antibiotics are used for bacteria.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #6 of 9
I'll never understand why a viral infection is threaded with antibiotics. ^^
That doesn't make sense to me, bc antibiotics are used for bacteria.
so very true. but sadly even sound medical professionals have no idea..it seems they prescribe that measure for everything :frowning2:

Antibiotics won't treat viral infections because they can't kill viruses and the exact opposite is the result as our immune system weakens

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #7 of 9
Thank you all for your advice.

I came across these that looked suitable:
https://www.koss.com/headphones/wireless-headphones/ksc35-wireless
Unfortunately there not available from any UK supplier.
Purchasing through Koss USA doubles the rrp + additional customs duty and delivery times makes it unattractive.

I noticed these:
https://www.koss.com/headphones/wireless-headphones/porta-pro-wireless
I like the retro appearance and they are available from amazon uk.

Should receive them next week.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #8 of 9
Koss Porta Pro is a good choice. I haven't try the wireless version but I believe the quality should not deviate much.

May 22, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #9 of 9
Just an update to let you know that the Koss Porta Pro wireless are great for when I'm out and about.
They weigh practically nothing and sound great. Open and spacious sounding, just fun listening. Very enjoyable.
No complaints at all for the money these cost.
Thanks to you all for your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back