looking for small isolating full size headphones for live sound
Sep 17, 2009 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

marcnyc

New Head-Fier
Hello I am looking to buy a pair of headphones to bring on the road and plug in to do PFL etc... I would like something that is very isolating but small in size, however I would like a full size type headphone, not earbuds.
I did this gig once where the house provided something similar. They were surprisingly isolating even though they would go around the ear but over the ear. The ear muffs were small and fit in the palm of one hand... Unfortunately I don't remember the brand... I seem to remember that they had a red and blue sleeve on the cord but I might be wrong about that...
Any idea what I might have seen or do you have something like that to recommend?
Thanks

Sep 17, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 6
I think you were using the HD25? Was it very plain and plastic? :p

Sep 17, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 6
it does look like those the Sennheiser HD25 indeed...
were you talking about the sound or the object when you defined it as plain and plastic? :wink:
I was impressed with the isolation... I am not saying it was the best sounding headphones, I was just doing some PFL listening, so isolation was more critical than quality

Sep 17, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 6
I wish these HD25 would fold down and collapse like some other full size headphones do... I wonder if a collapsible full size headphone with big ear muffs would take up less or more space than these... size and isolation is really a factor for me in this type of applciation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back