looking for singers with a unique voice
May 1, 2007 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

miscreant

100+ Head-Fier
ok everyone has one but to narrow it down think of Hammy's face when he sniffed those nachos.

May 2, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 27
OK - Capt Beefheart, Diamanda Galas and Yoko Ono...that's on...er, three.

Hammy?? Nachos? Hmmm, cultural reference...depends whether he's anorexic or bulimic I guess.

biggrin.gif

May 2, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK - Capt Beefheart, Diamanda Galas and Yoko Ono...that's on...er, three.

Hammy?? Nachos? Hmmm, cultural reference...depends whether he's anorexic or bulimic I guess.

oops. my perception of reality is not 100%. nor my engrish. i meant voice that had the same effect to you like those cheese flavoured nachos to Hammy - "Over the Hedge" edit: "What is THAT!?!"
biggrin.gif
blink.gif

i heard a "genderless" voice from greek male singer on some old LP but didnt have nesseserry means to copy it then and forgot that name shortly after.. and some gypsy singers have a rather interesting voices.

i asked that question cause i was browsing through amazon and didnt find anything yet that matched the criteria on 1st post...

May 2, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 27
Slim Whitman? Yma Sumac? I haven't seen Over The Hedge so I have no point of reference.

May 2, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 27
Mark E. Smith
David Thomas
Keiji Haino

May 3, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #7 of 27
Yma Sumac (arguably the greatest voice in singing history, an unparalleled vocal range)
Brad Roberts (gravelly sexual rumbling baritone, lead singer of the crash test dummies)
Leon Redbone (you woudnt know he was white unless you looked at the cd inlays, drawling jazz singer, responsible for the greatest christmas songs album there is)
Jeffrey Jey [born Gianfranco Randone] (almost always sings through vocoders of some kind. His natural singing voice is somewhat like Robbie Williams actually.

Those 4 are suitably disparate.

May 3, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #8 of 27
Uh, Bjork?

Jul 30, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #12 of 27
Tiny Tim

just listen to "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" - ugh

Jul 30, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #14 of 27
William Hung

Users who are viewing this thread

Back